Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Al-Turk Offers CroCop 'One Of Three Options'

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Where lesser men would still be looking at the phone in slack-jawed horror and hoping never to receive a similar call from the UFC again, Al-Turk's confidence is bounding. In fact so confident is he that he offers a succinct prediction for the June 13th fight.

"One of three things," he says. "Either I bang him out, I submit him or I ground and pound him."

LINK

Post #1   6/3/09 3:12:29AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Where lesser men would still be looking at the phone in slack-jawed horror and hoping never to receive a similar call from the UFC again, Al-Turk's confidence is bounding. In fact so confident is he that he offers a succinct prediction for the June 13th fight.

"One of three things," he says. "Either I bang him out, I submit him or I ground and pound him."

LINK

LOL What a fairy tale. Or maybe option 4: he will huff and puff and blow Cro Cop's house down. CRO COP BY DECAPITATION

Post #2   6/3/09 3:43:49AM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:
he isnt given an easy door into the ufc thats for sure, kongo then cro cop. props to him for accepting these fights and we still are not sure what cro cop will be like in the ufc. hopefully he returns to his glory days but never know until june 13

Post #3   6/3/09 7:49:26AM   

colescar

Choke You

colescar Avatar

Career:826-686
Camp: Team Kumate
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

LOL What a fairy tale. Or maybe option 4: he will huff and puff and blow Cro Cop's house down. CRO COP BY DECAPITATION

Yeah right, because Cro Cop dominates in the Cage. I could see Al-Turk taking the upset.

Post #4   6/3/09 7:57:45AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
this fight is on my freaking b-day cro cop better win because I am going out of my way to watch this fight just for Mirko

WAR CRO COP!

Post #5   6/3/09 8:26:23AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,058-1,153
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

hahah your huff n puff made me think of ----> Huff Huff, Puff Puff

Post #6   6/3/09 8:40:21AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Chips:
i called the three options before i even opened up the board

i do think al turk can beat cro cop
cro cop hasn't shown his old form yet
i am still not convinced he is back even with a head kick to this guy i still won't be convinced till he fights and beats quality fighters

Post #7   6/3/09 9:29:51AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Chips:
I am puzzled as to why anybody thinks Al-Turk can win a fight in the UFC, let alone beating CroCop (or Kongo, for the many who picked against Cheick).

Yes,yes, Al-Turk is one of the best UK HWs, but the UK doesn't have very good HWs and Mostapha imo is nowhere near UFC level.

Post #8   6/3/09 9:48:41AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

I am puzzled as to why anybody thinks Al-Turk can win a fight in the UFC, let alone beating CroCop (or Kongo, for the many who picked against Cheick).

Yes,yes, Al-Turk is one of the best UK HWs, but the UK doesn't have very good HWs and Mostapha imo is nowhere near UFC level.

I think this match won't be about Al-Turk having a chance at winning.
More so,I think this will be more of a fight to see how dominant Crocop can look in a return fight against an opponent considered second tier.
If he can come back and completely dominant Al-Turk,then I think it's safer to say Crocop is possibly on his way back to the top.
If he comes out and gives us a snooze fest,chances are we won't see in the octagon many more times.

Post #9   6/3/09 10:09:53AM   

June

Learning to Sprawl

June Avatar

Career:449-301
Camp: Cage Demons
Chips:
Hopefully he don't kick CroCop in the nuts like he did Kongo. Mirko had an unfortunate fight recently where that happened more than once, and I'm sure he still ain't the same. Though Overeem is a much tougher guy than Al-Turk.

Post #10   6/3/09 10:17:36AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I hope we see the CroCop of old!!!

Post #11   6/3/09 10:24:02AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Option four, kick me in the head and watch me nap. This fight will be the fight that we DO see the Cro Cop of old, if only for a few fights

Post #12   6/3/09 10:35:00AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

Cro Cop: Mu-sta-pha A-Turk let me in...

Al-Turk: Kongo broke my chinny chin chin!

Post #13   6/3/09 10:43:38AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

"One of four things," he says. "Either I bang him out, I submit him or I ground and pound him. Or his left leg comes and smacks my head off."

Last edited 6/3/09 1:38PM server time by KaibaThedon
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #14   6/3/09 1:36:46PM