Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sokoudjou: "I should have stopped"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,480-1,168
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I blame most of that debacle on the ref, if he had of actually stepped in like a man instead of just waving his arms like and idiot, maybe Soku would have noticed him.

Damn I miss watching big John jump in and break up a fight properly.

Post #16   6/1/09 12:46:36PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:

Posted by CwB

Posted by GSPCanada

your all quick to say thats why we need ac's and dana this dana that, but we saw rampage hit wanderlei when he was COMPLETELY defenseless and we saw bj hold onto jens' neck for an extended period of time.

ya what sokoudju did was worse and i dotn condone it at all, but he did do a comparable action to the two abovementioned superstars, the other 2 were just better at covering it up because they had insincere checkups in rampage's case and a hug in bjs case but im sure their opponents felt the same way about their sportsmanship as we do bout sokoudjou's

To me there is a big difference between the end of soko's fight compared to 2 or 3 seconds of bj holding the choke too long and two extra punches from rampage

plus those two fights were grudge matches.

I think it looked worse than anything, rampage and bj showed restraint will sokoudjou showed he was completely out nof control because he didnt cover it up. but truth be told, consider the actual damage. sokoudjou just capitalized on an unexperienced fighter who didnt know whgat to do when he was being pounded on the actual damage was limited. wanderlei took two xtra blatant shots directly to the head after hes already knocked unconscious, thats a dangerous amount of damage that could or maybe did occur to silva's health, and rampage was rewarded with KO of the night

Post #17   6/2/09 3:27:54AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2