Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Affliction planning fourth event for the East Coast

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,857-1,079
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
“Trilogy just means that this is the third. This is the third of the series … What it should indicate to people is that this is just the third event that Affliction will be promoting, and I can assure you that there will be a fourth; a fifth; and a sixth. The fourth one will most probably be on the East Coast.”

Affliction COO Michael Cohen explains to MMA Fanhouse that despite the haters, Affliction will continue to move forward with its mixed martial arts promotion, including three more shows and a stop on the East Coast that is “most probable” for 2009.

LINK

Post #1   5/29/09 11:07:41PM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
only way they can turn a profit is to get Fedor to fight someone. Who's that going to be this time?

GL Affliction

Post #2   5/30/09 12:06:52AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

This will be Fedor's 3rd time facing "someone" and it won't come close to turning a profit, just like the first two.

Also calling it "Trilogy" sure makes it sound like it's the last of three. Dumb name if they're planning on doing more.

I'll probably order it just because the main event is intriguing and I have some friends who will probably split the cost.

Post #3   5/30/09 5:31:04PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Maybe they'll go the Star Wars route, and this was really Affliction 4, 5, & 6.

Then we can see what these fighters were like earlier in their careers when they have Affliction's 1, 2 & 3.

Post #4   5/30/09 5:34:40PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
I wish they'd fold and let their fighters go. They're putting out fewer events than the UFC did while it was bleeding money in the early half of this decade.

Post #5   5/30/09 8:58:06PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I wish they'd fold and let their fighters go. They're putting out fewer events than the UFC did while it was bleeding money in the early half of this decade.

I agree 100 percent...and the name really is stupid...a trilogy implies 3 and only 3...not the 3rd in a series...and after Barnett who outside of the UFC is left for Fedor...Overeem I guess, maybe a rematch with Arlovski would be interesting...but I can't really see anything else intriguing...

With that being said...I think Affliction is putting together a pretty good show....I'm looking forward to seeing Mousasi fight again...I hope he fights Babalu...a win over him I think puts Mousasi in the LHW topten...I also want Vitor to fight but not sure who they can get ...who's open in the mw division that would an interesting fight for Vitor

Last edited 5/31/09 1:52PM server time by sclasclemski
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   5/31/09 1:50:55PM