Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

DREAM 9 - RESULTS (SPOILERS)

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I've found it surprisingly hard to find all of last night's results in one place, so here they are:

OFFICIAL RESULTS

* Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza declared a no contest
* Joe Warren def. Norifumi "Kid Yamamoto via split decision
* Bibiano Fernandes def. Masakazu Iminari via unanimous decision
* Hiroyuki Takaya def. Yoshiro Maeda via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 9:40
* Hideo Tokoro def. Abel Cullum via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 1:37
* Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante via unanimous decision
* Gegard Mousasi def. Mark Hunt via submission (arm bar) - Round 1, 1:19
* Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou def. Jan Nortje via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 2:29
* Hong Man Choi def. Jose Canseco via submission (strikes) - Round 1, 1:17
* Ikuhisa Minowa def. Bob Sapp via submission (heel hook) - Round 1, 1:14

LINK

Post #1   5/27/09 1:42:21AM   

Loot613

MMA Regular

Loot613 Avatar

Career:1,249-863
Chips:
I watched this on HDNET, one of the more PRIDE-like DREAMS i've ever seen. The only thing wrong was it had the guy from K-1 announcing no Bas and Kenny, even Quadros and Renallo would have been better.

Joe Canseco fight was dumb...

Sokodjou advances in the "super hulk tournament" by beating a HUGE kickboxer from K-1 and as the ref is stopping the fight Thierry gets in a few more hits to his head by going around the ref who's trying to pull him off and stop the fighting. The result I think it was Rey Sefo from K-1 rushes Sokodjous corner and has to be restrained. Excessive strikes from soko, eventually though bows to his opponent and says he's sorry...

Abel Cullum fight was pretty awesome, some people clain fight of the year... Good just not that good...

Kid Yamamoto gets beat by Joe Warren who is now 2-0 from Team Quest, one of his quotes from the intro "I am the baddest man alive"

Mayhem Miller kicks Jacare in the head with his shin while he's on his side next to the ropes a gnarly cut on the top of his head is the result. Mayhem cussing out Jacare cuz he can't continue and then when the ref finally decides its a no contest seems on the verge of tears. This was for the DREAM MW belt Gegard Mousasi having moved up to LHW relinquishes the title.

Post #2   5/27/09 4:30:44AM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
Are you kidding me the VOICE is the man . It was refreshing not hearing kenny .

Post #3   5/27/09 5:31:14AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Hopefully this lowers the mystique behind Yamamoto and shows that Faber would absolutely have his way with him.

Post #4   5/27/09 11:34:26AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Hopefully this lowers the mystique behind Yamamoto and shows that Faber would absolutely have his way with him.

I'm sure ring rust played a big factor, but I'm on board with you. I think that Faber and Brown would have their way with Kid.

Post #5   5/27/09 1:50:52PM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:
Posted by warglory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure ring rust played a big factor, but I'm on board with you. I think that Faber and Brown would have their way with Kid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know that faber would. kid is definetely a better striker than faber and probably a better wrestler too. joe warren beat him just cuz hes a world class wrestler. On the feet kid was absolutely destroying him. Also faber is small for a featherweight. finally when a guy is stronger and better at wrestling than faber he has lots of trouble look at both his losses one to tyson griffin and the other to mike brown and he will be in the same boat if he goes against kid.

Post #6   5/27/09 5:07:52PM