Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

who impressed u the most last night??

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I disagree with Serra being impressive. The only reason it was even close is because of a headbutt that had Hughes unconscious on his feet and Serra still couldn't finish him. If he dazed him with an actual punch, intended to hurt him it would be one thing, but accidentally headbutting a guy as your only notable offense isn't very impressive to me.

Hughes looked like he was trying to walk on rollerskates and Serra still couldn't put him away. He got even luckier than he did against GSP and failed to finish. IMO that was actually very UNimpressive.

Post #16   5/25/09 2:41:08PM   

randompunter

MMA Regular

randompunter Avatar

Career:998-601
Chips:
Most impressive edgar by far,still he will never be champ.
Least impressive hughes needs to retire

Post #17   5/25/09 2:58:15PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
In my opinion:

Most Impressive- Machida.
Machida was able to finish the fight when he had his opponent hurt and that was really my only complaint about him before. He impressed me not only by finishing the fight but also by doing it so quickly and efficiently.

Least impressive- Sherk.
Sherk must have been out of his mind to keep boxing with Edgar after the middle of round two. I feel that Sherk's new love for boxing is a misplaced and I don't see why he doesn't use his wrestling more, or maybe mix the two.

Post #18   5/25/09 9:13:58PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
yeah miller did dissapoint me fighting a dude who weighed 230 lbs a couple weeks ago
lying on ur back for three rounds, that was boring fight of the night

Post #19   5/25/09 11:29:39PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Not Frankie Edgar. He just did what he always does, he had the answer all night.

Most impressive goes to Lyoto. We all knew he was gonna beat Rashad but noone expected an early finish. I didn't even expect a finish.

And to be honest, oddly enough, Matt Serra impressed me. I thought Hughes was gonn rape him for 3 rounds easily. But Serra almost repeated the Serra GSP 1 knockout.

LOL with a unintentional head but? LOL.

Post #20   5/26/09 2:08:52AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2