Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana Makes It Official: Rampage Gets Next Title Shot

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

in the beginning, machida was way underrated. Now, i believe machida is overrated. I'm thinking rampage slams him down and GnPs him out.

I don't see this at all. People are assessing him at quite a reasonable level.

Post #16   5/25/09 1:43:25AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,514-780
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

in the beginning, machida was way underrated. Now, i believe machida is overrated. I'm thinking rampage slams him down and GnPs him out.

(sorry i couldn't resist)

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 5/25/09 2:22AM server time by mentalcase
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   5/25/09 2:20:46AM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Rampage is the perfect matchup for Machida-a guy that is agressive and can't defend kicks worth a sh*t.For cryin out loud,Rampage almost got stopped by Forrest's low kicks-imagine what is going to happen when Machida starts laying into him.

Machida will just lay back,Rampage will get anxious and start forcing his combos,and Machida will just pick him apart with kicks to the legs and body.If Rampage makes it to the third round,I'd be shocked.

This is the fight I've wanted to see for quite awhile.I'll really be looking forward to it.I think Rampage and Machida were made for each other,as far as an entertaining fight goes.While I think that Rampage has all the right tools to beat Machida,I just think he will play right into Machida's trap.......and get caught.

WB.

Post #18   5/25/09 3:10:57AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
While Lyoto wont knock Rampage out cold like Rashad, a TKO will probably happen late in the fight, or a decision. I was shocked to see how many people thought Rashad would beat Rampage. Imo they'll make that fight happen but when it comes to chins and boxing techniques its in Rampages favor, I would even give Rampage wrestling advantage or at least close. Rampage has the best tested chin at 205, Lyoto imo has a good chin too, just fights smart, plus Inoki didnt give him love taps him and Lyoto has been hit hard with a wicked shot by BJ.

Post #19   5/25/09 5:37:55AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Sounds like you're saying this because of the massive amount of bandwagon jumpers that jump almost every main event and in that sense I agree people are starting to get ridiculous with the love these days. Anything can happen Lyoto is not unbeatable and I have to agree Rampage is a way tougher test than Rashad. I saw you write in another thread that you think Shogun would beat Lyoto too, while I agree its his best fight at 205, its starting to sound more like you're underrating Lyoto than him actually being overrated by the jumpers.

Post #20   5/25/09 5:45:40AM   

ShadowxBox

Learning to Sprawl

ShadowxBox Avatar

Career:9-8
Chips:
Rampage won't be able to handle Macheetah's riddum.

Rampage will stand there, Macheetah will "panch" him, Rampage will stay back and Macheetah will keep it going, keep it going and "finish this fight." and he will keep "belt, long time" and live happily ever after.

TANK YOU JOE ROGAHN!

Post #21   5/25/09 6:02:25AM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
can't wait...should be a good fight but dont underestimate Rampage hes not gonna get knocked out cold like rashad...Rampage has good striking defense, a great chin and ko power in both hands so anything can happen

Post #22   5/25/09 8:06:06AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Machida is going to destroy Rampage. Machida is by far the most talented fighter in that division only way I see Rampage pulling off the win in this one is with a huge counter punch!!!!!!

Post #23   5/25/09 9:14:15AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,478-860
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Rampage is the perfect matchup for Machida-a guy that is agressive and can't defend kicks worth a sh*t.For cryin out loud,Rampage almost got stopped by Forrest's low kicks-imagine what is going to happen when Machida starts laying into him.

Machida will just lay back,Rampage will get anxious and start forcing his combos,and Machida will just pick him apart with kicks to the legs and body.If Rampage makes it to the third round,I'd be shocked.

This is the fight I've wanted to see for quite awhile.I'll really be looking forward to it.I think Rampage and Machida were made for each other,as far as an entertaining fight goes.While I think that Rampage has all the right tools to beat Machida,I just think he will play right into Machida's trap.......and get caught.

WB.

That's my biggest problem with Rampage in this fight.
I actually think he matches up well with Machida if it wasn't for his weakness against the kicks.
Machida is great at coming in and throwing them,then escaping getting caught with a shot or combination.

I don't think Machida will KO Rampage, but if he uses his kicks right,I think we might see a repeat of what Shogun pulled off against him.Albeit I hope Rampage doesn't get injured like he did in the Shogun fight.

Post #24   5/25/09 3:53:09PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I think Rampage will catch and KO Machida. I do think machida will be winning the fight until it happens, but Rampage like Pookie said fantastically is a very tough test for machida, way harder then Rashad because Rashad tried to out-Machida Machida with elusiveness and countering but Machida schooled him. Rampage has some of the best boxing in all of MMA so he could definitely land a bomb to drop him and Rampage would probably be the man to take him down. I don't think double legs will do it, but Rampage has great clinch slams and he might be as strong as machida in the clinch maybe so I could see him slamming him though unlikely.

I just think Machida goes for body kick and Rampage downs him with a huge right hook.

Post #25   5/25/09 10:00:13PM   

Chazz

Learning to Sprawl

Chazz Avatar

Career:196-121
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Im interested in seeing the odds when this fight come out, as Rampage is probably going to have some killer odds.

Rampages best weapon is his ability to burst into his striking range with accurate power-punches that are laced with black magic and dynamite.

TO be able to beat machida your going to have to be able to strike from a longe range, with either kicks(like shogun) or lunging punches.

Rampages boxing defense is the best in the division hands down, and definitely has the tools to stand and bang with machida.

Machida has more tools to strike with, the speed and the footwork.

Rashad had little chance against machida stylistically and most people saw that before last night.
Dont let the evans fight lull you into a false sense of security against Rampage. He is without a shadow of a doubt, the better fighter in every area in comparison to rashad. Jackson has the right type of tools to attack machida successfully, and more tools defensively than rashad had to deal with the diversity and range of Machida's strikes.

If rampage is any better than +200 then jump on those odds.

Machida has a handful of tools and natural attributes that can enable him to beat a fighter like rampage too, so dont get me wrong.

But to anyone who says rampage is tailor made for Machida to beat i disagree, Rashad was tailor made for Machida to beat.

I have to agree. I ca'nt believe so many people on here think machida will tko rampage???? with his chin, defense, and lets face it the HAAAAAAAAAARDEST punches in the lhw division Rampage will beat Machida.

Post #26   5/25/09 10:53:54PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Im interested in seeing the odds when this fight come out, as Rampage is probably going to have some killer odds.

Rampages best weapon is his ability to burst into his striking range with accurate power-punches that are laced with black magic and dynamite.

TO be able to beat machida your going to have to be able to strike from a longe range, with either kicks(like shogun) or lunging punches.

Rampages boxing defense is the best in the division hands down, and definitely has the tools to stand and bang with machida.

Rashad had little chance against machida stylistically and most people saw that before last night.
Dont let the evans fight lull you into a false sense of security against Rampage. He is without a shadow of a doubt, the better fighter in every area in comparison to rashad. Jackson has the right type of tools to attack machida successfully, and more tools defensively than rashad had to deal with the diversity and range of Machida's strikes.

Machida has a handful of tools and natural attributes that can enable him to beat a fighter like rampage too, so dont get me wrong.

But to anyone who says rampage is tailor made for Machida to beat i disagree, Rashad was tailor made for Machida to beat.

I like your post. The only thing I dont agree with, I really dont agree with and thats that Jackson has the best striking defense because absolutely hands down the best striking defense in the UFC belongs to Machida.

Last edited 5/26/09 2:37AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #27   5/26/09 2:36:06AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This should be a war. I'm looking forward to it.

It's going to be a tough one to pick for me...

Post #28   5/26/09 8:46:59AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,361-755
Chips:
Speed, Speed, and Speed.....That's what will be the factor in this fight. I agree with others that Rampage is better than Rashad but I think Machida's speed and power will be to much for Rampage. Rampage isn't the fastest LHW and lacks the speed and ability to avoid Machida's kicks. If Rampage struggled with Jardine's striking imagine what Machida's will do.

Post #29   5/26/09 3:31:38PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Pookie

I like your post. The only thing I dont agree with, I really dont agree with and thats that Jackson has the best striking defense because absolutely hands down the best striking defense in the UFC belongs to Machida.

Boxing Defense is what i said. As far as blocking punches coming at him, he can stay in the pocket untouched for the most part. Then add in his proven solid chin, just in case someone does hit him.

Post #30   5/26/09 3:42:45PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3