Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Machida by Domination

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by holt8081

Posted by mrsmiley

Machida will be very hard to beat unless you just tag him at the spur of the moment.

I say the best person of having a chance of beating him,may be someone who has fought him before.
It's hard to train for a guy like Lyoto,and about the only time you'll practice against his style is when your actualy fighting him.

If I had to think of someone right now who could take Machida I would probably say a prime Shogun would have a decent shot.

ya to bad shogun is not prime anymore

Yeah damn those 27 years olds are starting to look old next to the UFC's 25 and under LHW div...

Post #31   5/25/09 3:23:28AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by tdietel01

That sucks! Hope rashad gets back on track! now the question is what type of fighter is going to be able to beat machida? IMO a very agressive fighter, that isnt afraid to get hit. I think rampage would be a good match-up for him.

You mean like Thiago Silva?

Yeah but with better defense, footwork, and chin. But basically yeah, like Thiago Silva tried to do.

Post #32   5/25/09 3:36:40AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by holt8081

Posted by mrsmiley

Machida will be very hard to beat unless you just tag him at the spur of the moment.

I say the best person of having a chance of beating him,may be someone who has fought him before.
It's hard to train for a guy like Lyoto,and about the only time you'll practice against his style is when your actualy fighting him.

If I had to think of someone right now who could take Machida I would probably say a prime Shogun would have a decent shot.

ya to bad shogun is not prime anymore

Yeah damn those 27 years olds are starting to look old next to the UFC's 25 and under LHW div...

The Funniest part is Machida is 30
But yeah, Shogun is still young enough where he hasnt even fully attained his man strength yet. Shogun is still on the way up IMO.

Post #33   5/25/09 3:38:39AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Been saying it for a while now. Machida would be champ before 2010 and he is holding that belt for a long time. Top 3 P4P and there is nobody right now that i can think of thats even going to be a challenge for the belt. Absolute domination.

Post #34   5/25/09 11:47:10AM   

sonicsmokesweed

MMA Regular

sonicsmokesweed Avatar

Career:1,034-671
Chips:
If you go back and look at the knockout. It looks like Rashad was dancing ''showboating'' as he was taking unanswered shots to the face. If you dont belive me go back and look at the video for yourself. You will kinda see Rashad Dancing, moving his shoulders and hips as he was getting flurried on.

Post #35   5/25/09 12:50:20PM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
Shotokan Karate rules.
Ive said it before, fighters with Karate as their basic martial art, along with some Juijitsu and a few wrestling technices, will eventually dominate. Chuck, Frank Mir, GSP, Florian, Anderson Silva, and now, the very best at this art, Machida are a few examples.

Post #36   5/25/09 4:17:55PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3