Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Machida by Domination

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by fizzle

Been singing Machida's praises for a while, happy to see him get the domminant finish and silence all the naysayers. I will say that it was surprising to see so many people in the bar that i watched the fight in rooting for Lyoto. Can't wait to see his first defense, WAR MACHIDA

Well to be fair most of those people probably were just cheering for the person who was not Rashad. lol. I think just about any fight Rashad is in most people are cheering pretty hard for the other guy whether they know him or not.

Post #16   5/24/09 2:58:05AM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Career:604-346
Chips:
that was the high light of my year, I loved to see rashad get KNFO like that it was nice.

Post #17   5/24/09 3:18:09AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
all that needs to be said is machida is going to hold that belt for a long time

Post #18   5/24/09 3:44:29AM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
That sucks! Hope rashad gets back on track! now the question is what type of fighter is going to be able to beat machida? IMO a very agressive fighter, that isnt afraid to get hit. I think rampage would be a good match-up for him.

Post #19   5/24/09 10:40:46AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

That sucks! Hope rashad gets back on track! now the question is what type of fighter is going to be able to beat machida? IMO a very agressive fighter, that isnt afraid to get hit. I think rampage would be a good match-up for him.

You mean like Thiago Silva?

Post #20   5/24/09 11:18:36AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Machida will be very hard to beat unless you just tag him at the spur of the moment.

I say the best person of having a chance of beating him,may be someone who has fought him before.
It's hard to train for a guy like Lyoto,and about the only time you'll practice against his style is when your actualy fighting him.

If I had to think of someone right now who could take Machida I would probably say a prime Shogun would have a decent shot.

Post #21   5/24/09 11:52:30AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:
I love both fighters so i wanted to see a good long fight......o well great job by Machida.

Please for the love of all someone sucussfully defend the LHW TITLE.

Anderson/Lyoto isnt gonna happen, they are best friends/training partners and Lyoto has said many times before he is a MW fighting at LHW because Anderson owns that div.

Post #22   5/24/09 12:00:04PM   

Ricks350z

Learning to Sprawl

Career:58-47
Chips:
There is nothing more in the mma world that i wanted to see more than Evans getting destroyed. i despise showboaters like him. so, Rampage...ur next to get blasted.
Told the girl last night the ultimate fight would be Lyota vs Silva. But, like the last guy says....it wont happen because they are friends and they have the same manager.

Post #23   5/24/09 12:13:42PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Ricks350z

There is nothing more in the mma world that i wanted to see more than Evans getting destroyed. i despise showboaters like him. so, Rampage...ur next to get blasted.
Told the girl last night the ultimate fight would be Lyota vs Silva. But, like the last guy says....it wont happen because they are friends and they have the same manager.

I also had a certain satisfaction in watching Rashad get outclassed like that but at the end of the day he's still a great athlete.

Machidas just better

Post #24   5/24/09 12:50:11PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
I am glad everyone is comeing around and seeing how bad ass Machida really is. It was not long ago if the name Machida came up we would be labeled as boring and/or overated overhyped or some other comment to that lieing!

Post #25   5/24/09 12:50:43PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
We've known for a long time Machida was the best, even Anderson says that Machida is the best, It's realy no surprise that he won.

Randy Couture could be an interesting match for Machida, Rampage has more of a chance than Rashad. Rampage can take a hit. He's going to need to sacrifice his body and absorb a high kick so that he can get in a clinch battle. By doing this I see how he can steal a round or maybe get a flash knockout. Otherwise Machida chops him down, Maybe even gets a TKO in the later rounds.

Post #26   5/24/09 1:32:09PM   

gskyprodigy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:136-99
Camp: Kick Ass
Chips:
.........WAR RAMPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Machida really deserves every1's praise now, I guess its karma that rashad got KO'd. I actually thought rashad would pull out the win, guess not.

....its time for fedor vs machida at catch weight!!!!!!!!!

Post #27   5/24/09 1:45:49PM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

I knew he was elusive but I thought Rashad would be able to hit him a bit more. After watching the countdown it looked like Machida dropped his hands quite a bit after engaging then backing out. I also had a question about his chin. Looked like Rashad hit him good once or twice and it didn't faze Machida at all. Can't wait for Anderson Silva to challenge him for the title

I dont think him and anderson will fight cuz they train together

Post #28   5/24/09 4:52:38PM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Machida will be very hard to beat unless you just tag him at the spur of the moment.

I say the best person of having a chance of beating him,may be someone who has fought him before.
It's hard to train for a guy like Lyoto,and about the only time you'll practice against his style is when your actualy fighting him.

If I had to think of someone right now who could take Machida I would probably say a prime Shogun would have a decent shot.

ya to bad shogun is not prime anymore

Post #29   5/24/09 4:54:15PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

We've known for a long time Machida was the best, even Anderson says that Machida is the best, It's realy no surprise that he won.

Randy Couture could be an interesting match for Machida, Rampage has more of a chance than Rashad. Rampage can take a hit. He's going to need to sacrifice his body and absorb a high kick so that he can get in a clinch battle. By doing this I see how he can steal a round or maybe get a flash knockout. Otherwise Machida chops him down, Maybe even gets a TKO in the later rounds.

Randy would be nice, but I have to think even a well like his ( he's 46 isn't he?)has to run dry soon. Plus the last time he went through a divorce his career suffered some. If we could time travel back to the guy who beat Tito and Chuck back to back, I would take Randy any day. I think Hendo is the same style fighter, and the way he looked against Anderson in the first round is the best strategy against Machida as well. The problem fighting Machida/Anderson is you can control them on the ground for 4 rounds , but they only need one flurry to finish anybody. So if Hendo went back up to 205 ,I think he could give Lyoto a run for his money. I also think Rampage has really good defense, so I wouldn't underestimate him. His best bet IMO is to cut off the backpedaling/waiting to counter/cautious Machida, and push against the fence. Then clinch, take down, and GnP. At least that's how I think Randy and Hendo would go about it.

Last edited 5/24/09 5:27PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #30   5/24/09 5:25:48PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3