Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 98 Preview w/Monster, Ortiz, Miletich, Thomson & More!

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:

Nate Quarry – “Serra/Hughes is the fight I'm personally tuning in to see. Ever been to a UFC and seen a fight break out in the stands? Everyone turns to watch it. Why would they want to see two drunken brawlers instead of two well conditioned athletes? Because of the passion the drunken idiots have. We're addicted to seeing this personal part of people's lives. It's what makes us tune in to reality shows. We want to see those raw emotions on display. It's one of the few taboos left in the world. Well, guess what? That's what we get to see with Hughes and Serra. Two guys who don't like each other. One farm boy and one New Yorker. Hughes plan is going to be the same as always. Take him down and ground and pound. But Serra is going to be very tough to do that to. He's got very fast hips and is built well for reversals and submissions. And Serra has proven he has knock out power in his hands. I don't generally give predictions because I usually get them wrong but... I've got to go with Serra on this one.”

UFC 98 PREVIEW

Post #1   5/22/09 1:43:29AM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,607-1,058
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Tito Ortiz "It's nice to see that one guy I almost submitted will be the champ and the other that I beat is the champ. I’m still a force to be reckon with.”

What a tool. The thing is almost doesn't count, and even though I think he won against Evans, the record doesn't show it. I think he likes to hear himself talk... mostly about himself

Post #2   5/22/09 2:27:30AM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Honestly he is nothing if not a great self promoter. Have to give him credit. Without that, he'd be a poor fighter begging for scraps. Wherever he lands he'll promote well and make money...and people will pay to see him get beat up or beat someone up. ;)

Post #3   5/22/09 3:01:01AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Tito Ortiz "It's nice to see that one guy that tooled me for 3 rounds will be the champ and the other that is much smaller than me and took me to a draw. I’m still a farce to be reckoned with.”

Fixed it!

Post #4   5/22/09 9:06:55AM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
I used to say for a while that I thought Tito won that fight hands down but after rewatching it, I wonder if Greg Jackson and the gang were right in saying that had Tito not grabbed the fence and Rashad got him down, it might've been a completely different fight...just a thought.

lol @ Jamie Varner.. "Machida by Boring Decision"..that made me chuckle a few times

Post #5   5/22/09 9:32:35AM