Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Fringe: An interview with Diego 'The Nightmare' Sanchez

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Diego "The Nightmare" Sanchez is focused on Josh Koscheck.
He ought to be. Every time Sanchez steps into the Octagon, he puts his perfect MMA record (17-0 overall, 6-0 UFC) on the line.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   4/2/07 1:09:14AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
damn did he really break karos face?

Post #2   4/2/07 7:08:30AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
Damn Diego really likes to hear himself talk. Each question requires about 4 paragraphs lmao.

Post #3   4/2/07 10:42:13AM   

yjt

Learning to Sprawl

yjt Avatar

Career:208-122
Camp: The Canadian Cripplers
Chips:
Notice hoe the guys from Ultimate Fighter show count their wins but not their loses...? What's up with that?

Post #4   4/2/07 9:23:05PM   

pharside

MMA Regular

pharside Avatar

Career:346-216
Chips:
He's 17-0, no if ands or buts. Whats him being on TUF have anything to do with his record?

Post #5   4/3/07 1:47:36PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Damn Diego really likes to hear himself talk. Each question requires about 4 paragraphs lmao.

Yeah and some of it is blatantly made up. For example, the comment about Joe Riggs.

Ask Joe Riggs, when he never got knocked out, if I punch hard, and he'll tell you "S***, man, I don't know what happened."

I recall an interview with Riggs that said the punch wasn't hard at all. It was the knee that knocked him out.

I wonder what other things Diego said in this interview are figments of his imagination.

He talks about Koshcheck making excuses for not winning their fight in TUF, but Diego just spout off a list of excuses for having it go to a decision.

The sad thing is, I don't know if a loss will deflate Diego's head at all. It's a shame, he's a good fighter, but is not a good representative of the sport. IMO

Last edited 4/3/07 4:17PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   4/3/07 4:16:23PM