Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Wilson Gouveia interview: Bisping is overrated and Anderson said f**k the fans

Print  
Posted By Message

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Apparently when Ed Soares was translating Anderson's Portugese into English, he wasn't relaying everything that was really said.

Link

Last edited 5/21/09 4:14PM server time by gspfan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/21/09 4:12:51PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Well thanks for clearing that up for us Wilson lol. Pretty good interview. I'd actually heard from a friend that speaks portuguese about this. I don't think he said anything about Anderson saying "F the fans though"--so who knows. I guess I'll have to bring him over and review the interview.

Either way--it's pretty disrespectful to fans, but it's not like the fans were giving him any respect either. I can kind of understand Silva's position; people are booing and talking smack about you, and you're supposed to kiss their ass and say sorry? So I get that "F you then" attitude.

Post #2   5/21/09 5:28:53PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I dont speak any portugese, but I remember thinking the look on Anderson's face didn't exactly match the translation that came out. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, though. I would never say "**** the fans" and I doubt that's exactly what he said, but I'm sure he wasn't very happy at the time. These guys get emotional- you can't blame them, really.

Wilson had some good things to say in that interview, too. He propped Chuck Liddell for putting on a show regardless of the outcome, and he was respectful of Bisping and Anderson's skills. He just said that he doesn't appreciate the way Anderson showboats and he thinks Bisping is slightly overrated, although a good fighter.

Last edited 5/21/09 8:15PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/21/09 8:10:32PM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,482-1,036
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
I just know I would hate to be a translator for a living.

Post #4   5/22/09 12:17:17AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
No one can deny Anderson is without a doubt one of the best in the business today.
He just has to understand that fans can be fickle and when two guys enter the octagon they want to see a fight.
Everyone can have a lame fight,I think it's just the fact Anderson has had 2 back to back and a majority of the fans are wondering what in the hell happened to the Anderson that knocked people out.

If Anderson comes back and knocksout Forrest,he'll get more love than ever.

Post #5   5/22/09 7:19:54AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
coming from one guys mouth don't mean anything at all, or the truth
who knows what silva really said

Post #6   5/22/09 2:25:30PM