Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

BJ Penn Video Blog (Will Never Fight In Nevada Again)

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
VIDEO

Post #1   5/18/09 11:48:15PM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,473-1,023
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
Oh boy, I have read other people's reactions to this video already on other sites and I just know people are going to "lay into" BJ on here as well...

Tell me when it's over......i can't look

Post #2   5/18/09 11:55:01PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Theres nothing wrong with the video

Post #3   5/19/09 12:05:09AM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

You know that. I know that. It just seemed to me that everyone who's comments I read on other sites - did not even watch the video and just began "bashing" BJ calling him a "cry-baby" still.

I have always been a BJ fan and if the general public doesn't like him,,,well - that makes me an even BIGGER BJ FAN i guess.

I guess I was just expecting many more BJ haters here.

Post #4   5/19/09 12:08:45AM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:

Posted by 941_Florida_Boy

Posted by EvenFlow

You know that. I know that. It just seemed to me that everyone who's comments I read on other sites - did not even watch the video and just began "bashing" BJ calling him a "cry-baby" still.

I have always been a BJ fan and if the general public doesn't like him,,,well - that makes me an even BIGGER BJ FAN i guess.

I guess I was just expecting many more BJ haters here.

I'm a huge Penn fan but yeah he sort of making people dislike him. He's been my favorite fighter since his first fight with Hughes. I just hope he learns to let things go.

Post #5   5/19/09 12:19:18AM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Chips:
"I'm a huge Penn fan but yeah he sort of making people dislike him. He's been my favorite fighter since his first fight with Hughes. I just hope he learns to let things go." - StriderXero

I began being a fan of his at the very same time. My personal opinion is - I don't believe he thinks he could have won nessesarily,,,maybe just hung in longer or possibly gave a much better performance at the least.

And not to jump on "Dana's bandwagon" but he even agreed that the situation was bs and something should be done.

After watching the video, I think BJ is finally focussing on the next obstacle - Kenflo.

Good luck to Kenflo, I believe he will need it. (IMO)

Post #6   5/19/09 12:31:05AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
altho I am no longer a penn fan and obviously a gsp fan I think my opinion is fair my problem with this whole debacle is what does bj penn want? a no contest? k well if it does happen who cares the majority of people know he got absolutely crushed, vaseline or no vaseline. does he want a rematch? it doesnt matter it will never happen. thats my problem with penn right now

comments on video itself though bj does look like he's getting into shape Im a little concerned with how much gameplannng bj is doing. if he has the "just scrap" attitude he will get outpointed

a side note the majority of ufc shos have been done in nevada obviously and then california. sherk looks like the most likely number 1 contender right now and hes refusing to fight in california and bj is refusing to fight in nevada so if the 2 square off its not going to be in one of the usual spots

Post #7   5/19/09 5:20:45AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
War BJ!!!!

Post #8   5/19/09 7:05:25AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by GSPCanada

altho I am no longer a penn fan and obviously a gsp fan I think my opinion is fair my problem with this whole debacle is what does bj penn want?

I think he'd settle for GSP being banned for life.

Post #9   5/19/09 9:07:53AM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:
i dont hate bj i wouldnt even say i dislike him but all this shennanigans has really been childish and im kinda tired of every week seeing something knew about bj vs gsp greasing and hearing him cry about why he lost and how the excessive beating was due to greasing definately not skill

Post #10   5/19/09 9:33:14PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:
BJ says nothing about greasing etc. If anyones offended or whatever by this video, your blowing this out of proportion. Who cares if he dosnt wanna fight in Nevada anymore its one small place out of the world.

The haterade level is ridiculous

Last edited 5/19/09 10:44PM server time by EvenFlow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   5/19/09 10:40:27PM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

BJ says nothing about greasing etc. If anyones offended or whatever by this video, your blowing this out of proportion. Who cares if he dosnt wanna fight in Nevada anymore its one small place out of the world.

at no point in time did anyone say they were offended by this and not fighting in nevada in the UFC is actually kinda a big deal and i dont know so much about the haterade level as much as the nuthugging level

Post #12   5/19/09 11:58:26PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by EvenFlow

at no point in time did anyone say they were offended by this and not fighting in nevada in the UFC is actually kinda a big deal and i dont know so much about the haterade level as much as the nuthugging level

I didnt quote you pal, take it down a peg

Post #13   5/20/09 9:54:03AM