Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sean Sherk ready for Frankie Edgar in 3D

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
“I think he’s pretty well-rounded. He has a great wrestling background, [and] his striking looks good. Every time I’ve seen him fight, he looks comfortable on his feet. I think he’s a purple belt in jiu-jitsu. I think he’s pretty well-versed. I don’t know how this fight is going to turn out. It could turn into a wrestling match or a boxing match. That has yet to be seen. I think you’ll see a lot of everything in this one. That’s the way it is with everybody in this industry now, especially at the high level. Everyone is three-dimensional now. You never know how it’s going to go until you get in there and start mixing it up. I think my fight with Frankie is going to be real exciting. I think — assuming I do pull the win off in two fast-paced, exciting fights — that the fans would be excited for Penn and Sherk 2.”

LINK

Post #1   5/18/09 1:19:35PM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:
If Sherk wins he seems to be the next in line, but I woulsn't mind it if he had 1 more after Edgar before he faces Penn again.

Post #2   5/18/09 1:27:56PM   

Bonus-Jonas

Learning to Sprawl

Bonus-Jonas Avatar

Career:946-618
Camp: Mauling Mormons Fight Team
Chips:
I would like to see Sherk vs. Florian 2 before Sherk vs. Penn 2. Florian has improved a ton and would cause a lot of problems for Sherk. It would be a great fight.

Post #3   5/18/09 1:45:28PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I honestly think Sherk is going to dismantle Frankie.

Post #4   5/18/09 1:54:31PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I would love to see Diego vs Sherk, I think that would be a sick ass fight. I'm really actually starting to like Sherk now. Great wrestler, his hands are a whole lot better and he's more exciting. I think he has the same problem as Guida, as long as he's facing someone with good wrestling that he can't just hold down, he has great fights with them like Tyson & BJ. Hard to say with Edgar since Maynard was able to hold him down but hopefully Edgar can keep Sherk busy enough so we see a war.

Still rooting for my boy Frankie though! Upset em!

Post #5   5/18/09 4:33:59PM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,473-1,023
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
I thought Frankie was on a roll until he fought Maynard. He will really have to step it up a notch now.

Post #6   5/18/09 11:23:22PM