Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matyushenko decisions Lambert at Call To Arms

Print  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
ONTARIO, Calif. –- Vladimir Matyushenko wrestled his way to a unanimous decision over Jason Lambert in the light heavyweight main event for Clean Kill’s Call To Arms at the Citizen’s Business Bank Arena. Matyushenko took the cards with scores of 30-27, 30-27, and 29-28.

In an active first round, the UFC veterans kept mostly to their shared bread-and-butter discipline, which led to some feverish pummeling scrambles for control. Both connected with strikes in their brief exchanges, but Matyushenko excelled with peppering shots in the clinch.

The determined Belarusian threw body shots and looping hooks in the second, before scooping Lambert up for the takedown. Lambert (23-10) did his best to pull off a guillotine attempt, but the pair was back on their feet in short fashion. Matyushenko (22-4) snuck in another takedown for good measure before the bell.

Lambert nailed a crucial takedown at the top of third round, and nearly took advantage with a flurry of shots that had referee Larry Landless hovering. However, Matyushenko mustered a reversal and a final takedown in the last two minutes to secure victory.

LINK

Post #1   5/17/09 4:54:05AM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,554-1,084
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
What is happening to Jason Lambert? I remember a time when I had his name up there towards the top of the LHW division at one time... I hope he gets back towards the top again.

Post #2   5/17/09 12:10:51PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,670-1,435
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by 941_Florida_Boy

What is happening to Jason Lambert? I remember a time when I had his name up there towards the top of the LHW division at one time... I hope he gets back towards the top again.

Losing to Vladdy is not a bad thing at all, he's a Great Fighter and just outside the Top 10 imo. He's one of the best Wrestlers at 205 and Lambert actually took him down, pretty impressive stuff.

Post #3   5/17/09 4:54:56PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Losing to Vladdy is not a bad thing at all, he's a Great Fighter and just outside the Top 10 imo. He's one of the best Wrestlers at 205 and Lambert actually took him down, pretty impressive stuff.

yeah if anything im surprised Matyushenko didnt finish lambert.

Post #4   5/17/09 4:57:38PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,670-1,435
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by hotrodttt

yeah if anything im surprised Matyushenko didnt finish lambert.

True, I thought he'd T(KO) him from Top position but I guess Lambert worked on his bottom defense.

Post #5   5/17/09 5:13:16PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

The janitor is a great fighter. I would have been blown away if it went the other way.

Post #6   5/17/09 7:20:27PM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,554-1,084
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

The janitor is a great fighter. I would have been blown away if it went the other way.

I wouldn't have been blown away. Vlady lost to LIL NOG just back at Affliction's 2nd show I think by way of KO. I have seen Jason Lambert slug it out with people before and I thought he held his own with few but crucial mistakes and sometimes coming up short.

It is my opinion that Jason Lambert should not have lost his position at UFC and for that matter I could start throwing up dozens and dozens of names that should not have lost their job/position/spot in the UFC (imo), INCLUDING Vlady while we are at it.

IDK, I guess it is just unfortunate that decent fighters with fan followings are being let go because they lose a fight or two....not everyone can win them all - but that doesn't mean I don't want to watch them fight. So thank goodness for other organizations that are willing to give these guys a home.

Post #7   5/17/09 9:26:03PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Chips:
i would think that vlad would finish jason
he should just stick to middleweight

Post #8   5/18/09 12:51:21AM