Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

TUF 10 Coaches Likely To Be Rampage & Machida/Evans

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
An independent report has been confirmed indicating that the coaches for The Ultimate Fighter 10 will be the fighters in the next UFC Light Heavyweight Title showdown after UFC 98: Former champion Quinton Jackson and the current champion after the fight-either Rashad Evans or Ryoto (Lyoto) Machida. TUF 10 is expected to showcase heavier fighters.

Article

Last edited 5/14/09 2:16PM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/14/09 11:54:10AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:
Told y'all.

Post #2   5/14/09 11:54:22AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
THAT IS BULLCRAP!!!! I hate this so much. It's so dumb. I'm seriously tired of seeing Rampage/Rashad talk, I just want to see them fight already and I'm saying this as a HUGE Rampage fan. I'm tired the stupid Ultimate Fighter putting my favorite fighters out of a action for a long time. Rampage is in his freakin prime right now and the last thing he needs to be doing is taking a break. he already got that break on TUF 7 being out a while, PLUS he's taking a break right NOW and even though I thought he still won, the dumb judges gave it to Forrest so with a loss already in your prime, it's time for Rampage to quit fooling around and get that title back before anything else!!! And start getting some defenses so he can be considered an all time great. It's going to mean nothing if he waits longer and wins the belt later in his prime and then only has a few more fights left in his prime and faces another primed fighter who will have the advantage over him.

Fighting should come before and WAY MORE IMPORTANT then stupid entertainment and ratings for Spike. This is mad gay. I'm sorry, I may sound immature but I just want to see my fighters fight, not talk. We already saw TUF 10 after Rampage/Jardine, that was more then enough hype for this match. I'm tired of seeing smack talk I want to see some fighting. I'm a fight fan, I watch UFC programs for fights, not drama. We got enough hype at 97 like I said, we don't need any MTV BS.

Last edited 5/14/09 1:06PM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/14/09 1:05:46PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
this is bullshit TUF needs to stop tieing up titles

Post #4   5/14/09 1:20:52PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i don't like the guys being held up for a while either but it's not like the ufc doesn't have plenty of other marquee fights they can put on, the cards will not suffer therefore i can not complain.

Post #5   5/14/09 1:22:28PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Lame, dont take it rampage. Say NO!

Post #6   5/14/09 1:44:43PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

TUF Coach fights should decide true #1 contenders, not championships.

Post #7   5/14/09 1:46:26PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

i don't like the guys being held up for a while either but it's not like the ufc doesn't have plenty of other marquee fights they can put on, the cards will not suffer therefore i can not complain.

And the fight probably wouldn't have happened at the earliest rumored date anyway-August. There's almost no doubt Rampage will be ready by then, but Rashad might not want to defend again on barely 3 months between fights if he wins and we wouldn't know until after 98 if Machida would be ready to go that soon either. This would probably put it in the last 3 months of the year.

Post #8   5/14/09 1:48:00PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Why is Silva mentioned in the thread title

Post #9   5/14/09 1:58:26PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

THAT IS BULLCRAP!!!! I hate this so much. It's so dumb. I'm seriously tired of seeing Rampage/Rashad talk, I just want to see them fight already and I'm saying this as a HUGE Rampage fan. I'm tired the stupid Ultimate Fighter putting my favorite fighters out of a action for a long time. Rampage is in his freakin prime right now and the last thing he needs to be doing is taking a break. he already got that break on TUF 7 being out a while, PLUS he's taking a break right NOW and even though I thought he still won, the dumb judges gave it to Forrest so with a loss already in your prime, it's time for Rampage to quit fooling around and get that title back before anything else!!! And start getting some defenses so he can be considered an all time great. It's going to mean nothing if he waits longer and wins the belt later in his prime and then only has a few more fights left in his prime and faces another primed fighter who will have the advantage over him.

Fighting should come before and WAY MORE IMPORTANT then stupid entertainment and ratings for Spike. This is mad gay. I'm sorry, I may sound immature but I just want to see my fighters fight, not talk. We already saw TUF 10 after Rampage/Jardine, that was more then enough hype for this match. I'm tired of seeing smack talk I want to see some fighting. I'm a fight fan, I watch UFC programs for fights, not drama. We got enough hype at 97 like I said, we don't need any MTV BS.

well i get what youre saying here, but i look at it differently. to me, TUF is the reason we get to see so many events a year and why this sport is so damn popular now and the good far outweighs the bad. titles being hung up for a long time does suck, but theres no better way for the UFC to hype a fight than to have 2 guys going at it week after week on TUF as coaches, its the best advertising the UFC can do. so i guess youve got to take the good with the bad, and as long as there arent any injuries leading up to the coaches' fight it wont really be that much of a delay getting to their fight, how many times a year does any UFC champ fight 2 or 3 maybe 4, so it all works out in the end and more PPV buys means more mma in general and thats a good thing. with all that said though i want to reiterate that i see where youre coming from.

Post #10   5/14/09 2:14:21PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Why is Silva mentioned in the thread title

Because I was busy watching a Gina Carano video clip and lost focus.

Post #11   5/14/09 2:17:33PM   

brooklynbadass

MMA Regular

Career:439-288
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

need a tissue ? lol

Post #12   5/14/09 2:21:10PM   

chitownsfinest15

MMA Regular

chitownsfinest15 Avatar

Career:413-266
Camp: KMX 7249
Chips:
Alright man calm down, everyone on her complains when there are no ufc shows ever on when the promotion doesnt have a fight scheduled for about 25 or so days....having them on the ultimate fighter keeps you in the fighting zone and not talking smack on a message board on how there are no shows on TV...

Post #13   5/14/09 4:46:41PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
In the end, I just don't see this coming to fruition, but I can see some of the positives that could come out of this.

The negatives...

-The LHW belt, and most competetive divison will be held up a while.
-Quinton just coaches a season, and while he was funny--he wasn't exactly the best coach.
-It takes away one of the potential headliners for a Main Event for quite some time.

The positives...

-In the likelihood that Machida wins against Evans, they will have a champ who some would consider difficult to market, but the TUF show could make him a very popular fighter.
-Machida will make a great coach, and we'll get to see a number of guys from the Noguiera camp and Black House.
-Aside from Quinton Jackson, their really isn't another clear cut #1 LHW contender, and should Forrest be defeated by Anderson Silva, it will only make the #1 contender spot even more muddled--so this will give time to clear up things.

Post #14   5/14/09 5:41:35PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by brooklynbadass

need a tissue ? lol

Your real cool.

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by NatedawgThaM

well i get what youre saying here, but i look at it differently. to me, TUF is the reason we get to see so many events a year and why this sport is so damn popular now and the good far outweighs the bad. titles being hung up for a long time does suck, but theres no better way for the UFC to hype a fight than to have 2 guys going at it week after week on TUF as coaches, its the best advertising the UFC can do. so i guess youve got to take the good with the bad, and as long as there arent any injuries leading up to the coaches' fight it wont really be that much of a delay getting to their fight, how many times a year does any UFC champ fight 2 or 3 maybe 4, so it all works out in the end and more PPV buys means more mma in general and thats a good thing. with all that said though i want to reiterate that i see where youre coming from.

Yeah I get ya. I'm not trying to say TUF's a bad thing, I watch it every week and enjoy it a lot. Just tired of seeing Rampage my fav. fighter being layed off again with time. I mean who knows, maybe they can tape this in the summer and have it shown in time by the next time both want to fight, that'd be great. Just was thinking since last time Rampage didn't fight for almost a year and he already isn't fighitng until September or October so I was thinking it'd be held back to another month or two. But I hope it all works out. I want to see them get it on already!!! It probably would be an even better season then Forrest-Jackson since Forrest never really gets into smack talk, but Rashad will fire back so it should be great. Hopefully all goes well time wise.

Post #15   5/14/09 6:07:05PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2