Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Shawn Thompkins Suggests Rift With Wanderlei

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,038-1,167
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Xtreme Couture coach Shawn Tompkins appears to have had something of a fall-out with Wanderlei Silva, judging by recent comments.

"With Wanderlei and I, we've worked together before -- we worked together with the Keith Jardine fight," Tompkins told MMA FanHouse. "We're great friends, I just think we have different ideas on what a training schedule should be.

Tompkins suggested that Silva had a more relaxed approach to training than was required, prompting to the two to part ways.

LINK

Post #1   5/10/09 2:56:13PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Really? Wands' work ethic? Little hard to believe honestly, his training sessions always looked intense to me. When Shawn says Delagratte is his biggest competition because "he creates champions"...who? Florian and his crew havnt won anything yet. I think what he means is Mark molds fighters from clay where as Greg works with better fighters from the start, which I can agree to an extent that Mark is probably the better coach/trainer.

Post #2   5/10/09 3:19:15PM   

whhh88

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-88
Chips:
It's more so the way Brazilian's train in general - they don't usually set times to train on a day to day basis. They train hard, and they train everyday, but one day they may train at 9AM and the next day at 5PM in the afternoon.

Post #3   5/10/09 4:19:02PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Personally I dont get truly awake until the afternoon and even with energy drinks/coffee etc. the morning is still a haul to awaken. I never even drink those anymore since they do nothing for me. But I can see what Shawn is saying, from a athletes point of view it really sucks going out of your comfort zone but its very necessary nonetheless. Wand might not be leaving his comfort zone of time and Shawn probably trains ppl earlier in the day.

As long as Wand trains as much as hes supposed to idc If the man wants to train at 5pm or later thats his business. Wand might be coming to a point in his career where hes done leaving his comfort zone and just trains hard, I mean the guy fought under Chute Boxe and in Pride forever which alone is leaving that zone by a mile.

Last edited 5/10/09 8:04PM server time by EvenFlow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   5/10/09 7:49:43PM