Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wanderlei Silva expresses surprising desire to train with former rival

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
A Brazilian rivalry dating back to 2005 may be nearing it’s end in the near future, at least according to one of the feud participants.

Wanderlei Silva and Ricardo Arona are age old enemies who first met up at PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 in the semi-final of PRIDE’s middleweight grand prix. Arona surprised many when he handed the dominant middleweight champion his first defeat in over five years at the weight class by controlling Silva from the top position for the majority of the contest en route to a decision victory. Arona yelled in the face of the PRIDE champion from the top position at the bout’s conclusion to add insult to injury, and add fuel to the fire of the rivalry.

LINK

Post #1   5/9/09 5:33:59PM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,554-1,084
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I am certainly surprised. I thought maybe he would rather train with Rampage. IMO - Arona beat him long ago, and would probably have an even better chance of beating him now. If Wandy and Rampage trained together - even for a short period of time - I believe it would make a huge difference in Wandy's game.

Post #2   5/17/09 12:42:04PM