Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Regarding TUF 9, How Real is Reality TV?

Print  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
What are we supposed to see when we watch TUF9?

Check out an interesting write up on this season of the Ultimate Fighter, and the potential bias the camera's are showing us.

Post #1   5/8/09 4:26:54AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,493-773
Chips:
reality TV shows have aways been know to edit out of context or edit to make someone look like they are better or worse then they actually are. I thought this was common knowledge

Post #2   5/8/09 4:36:37AM   

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Chips:
Well of course, but the question remains as to why they would try to make Team US look bad?

Post #3   5/8/09 4:50:33AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,493-773
Chips:

Posted by BrutalKnockOut

Well of course, but the question remains as to why they would try to make Team US look bad?

well why not make them look bad their giving the video crew material and there may be using it to exaggerate the conflict and at the same time decided lets make team UK look better to create a bit of contrast

Post #4   5/8/09 7:38:58AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I was wondering about this after the last episode with Cameron Dollar. I have a good eye for movement, and that dude looks absolutely terrible training, while Stapleton looked great in training, but the fight was the exact opposite. While some guys train well and fight well, almost no one trains poorly and fights well. They must have taken clips from Dollar on his first day or two, or his worst training footage from the camp.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   5/8/09 9:25:26AM   

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I was wondering about this after the last episode with Cameron Dollar. I have a good eye for movement, and that dude looks absolutely terrible training, while Stapleton looked great in training, but the fight was the exact opposite. While some guys train well and fight well, almost no one trains poorly and fights well. They must have taken clips from Dollar on his first day or two, or his worst training footage from the camp.

That's a great point, I wondered the same thing. I didn't expect much from Cam at all, especially showing how poor his technique looked in what we were shown.

But the kid came out like an absolute house of fire, much different than what I expected.

Post #6   5/8/09 12:56:51PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
It also helps that the UK guys can't wrestle a lick. If Stapleton was there best wrestler, they are going to have problems later in the show and in the UFC.

Post #7   5/8/09 1:11:06PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,668-894
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
from "your posture is bad. how can you miss the target?"

to

SWEEP/THROW into FULL MOUNT in under 10 seconds to RNC for the win? LOL

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #8   5/8/09 2:47:01PM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,621-1,138
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
None of those freakin brits that I have seen are UFC material. oh well. Bisping gets on my nerves and I can't stand listening to him talk, I can't wait until Henderson beats the british crap out of him and sends him packing. And if Matt the hammer could drop weight and beat Bispings ass too that would be freakin great. IMO

Post #9   5/8/09 9:25:56PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,792-1,044
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by scpd400

None of those freakin brits that I have seen are UFC material. oh well. Bisping gets on my nerves and I can't stand listening to him talk, I can't wait until Henderson beats the british crap out of him and sends him packing. And if Matt the hammer could drop weight and beat Bispings ass too that would be freakin great. IMO

Angry much.......?

Post #10   5/9/09 1:51:05AM