Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Demian Maia vs Ronaldo Jacare Souza BJJ

Print  
Who won in your opinion?
Jacare 10 37%
Maia 14 52%
Don King for having a greedy finger in every pie 3 11%
Posted By Message

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:
Hey everybody, I came across this video by way of another, and was wondering who everyone thought won the match. Also, what competition was this and what year if anyone knows. Just wondering. Thanks for your time.
Maia vs Souza BJJ

Post #1   5/7/09 2:46:10AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
in a mma match it would be different..since Jacare strikin is more than enough to dish out some punishment to Maia..and set up a sub..in that video..i thought it would of been better if it was a No Gi match..since there's just something i don't like bout Gi's...

Post #2   5/7/09 12:04:46PM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:
I feel you, and of course it would be different in a MMA match. However i must respectfully disagree about Gi matches. I love the collar chokes and other ways you can use the Gi to get a handle or submission. I think it just adds another element to the game. I can totally understand that you don't care for Gi matches though, a lot of my friends can't stand them.

Post #3   5/7/09 12:32:07PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
oh don't get me wrong..it's just that..with no Gi..it would be more like an MMA match without the strike..and i tend to see alot of slick moves without the Gi..i watch Royler Gracie's ADCC run..and saw alot of moves that were more technical..but with the Gi..someone can pull off a Gi choke and u might not be able to see the choke..i have watch alot of Gi matches..and though..man only if i could see some of those chokes..so all in all..my points is..with no Gi..everything is there for u to see..with the Gi..sometimes i'm just wonderin..what the choke was..how did it look..it leaves me lost sometimes...

Post #4   5/7/09 8:33:27PM