Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA Quick Quote: Tom Atencio walks the walk, Dana White talks the talk

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I want to thank Prize Fight as well as Fight Force for putting on this card. I’ve been seen in front of the cameras before as far as the business side, but it’s time to fight. I’m doing something Dana White won’t do and that’s fight. He talks like a fighter, so why doesn’t he fight? I’m stepping up to the plate and win, lose or draw I attempted it. I don’t ever think he would fight.”

– Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio takes a rare stab at his UFC counterpart, Dana White, during the press conference to promote his upcoming welterweight fight against Randy Hedderick at “Ultimate Chaos,” which is scheduled for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Miss., on June 27. This will not be the first time that the 42-year-old steps into the ring — Atencio made his mixed martial arts debut back in 2005 and has competed sporadically ever since. He currently runs Affliction MMA, staging two major pay-per-view (PPV) events within the last year. During that time White — who was at one time an aspiring boxer — has been vocal about the “t-shirt” guys wasting gobs of money and running a poor operation. Atencio, for the most part, has bit his lip … until now.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   5/5/09 8:25:53AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Hmmm...Atencio vs. White. That sounds like it would be fun to watch. Atencio is alot smaller than White so he might be in trouble. White by 2nd round TKO.

Post #2   5/5/09 9:24:16AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Um, the last I checked the reason Dana doesnt fight is becouse hes not actually a fighter..... go figure....

Post #3   5/5/09 10:21:07AM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i see no reason for dana to fight he makes a ton of money there is nothing to prove seems like atencio is trying to prove something even by making comments like this

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   5/5/09 11:38:38AM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
I wounder if he knows that Dana has trained in BJJ way before he got into running the UFC he also has a boxing back ground.

Post #5   5/5/09 1:50:46PM