Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pacquiao vs. Hatton

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,991-1,061
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Good God, just got done watching the PPV and wow Pac man is the most ferocious, fast, lethal boxer I've seen in a while. Him and Floyd will be one of the best fights ever. The knock out tonight was picture perfect.

Post #1   5/3/09 12:32:55AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Brutal KO. Pacquiao is an absolute beast. He'll give Mayweather all sorts of trouble. At this point, i'd actually give the edge to Manny.

Post #2   5/3/09 3:46:00AM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
What can a say my heart wanted ricky to win but my head was telling me manny. What happened a was right manny is an animal so fast so strong for a little lad bring on floyd.Time to hang em up rick

Post #3   5/3/09 4:37:31AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Hatton was just outclassed last night. Just like he was against Floyd. But I think its far to early to say Ricky should hang em up. He lost to Floyd when he was number 1 p4p. He lost to Manny when he was number 1 p4p. So hes basically never been beaten by a fighter who wasnt the best in the world at the time. A saving grace for the Hitman might be that I cant see Manny hanging round in a single weight class for a sustained period, so Ricky probably wont have to fight him again any time soon, should he put together another good run. Which he will.

Hatton probably needs to move onto a new trainer though. All the promises from Floyd sr about a new and improved "slicker" Hatton is garbage, he doesnt look any differant.

I kinda feel bad, for the last two weeks ive been really Harsh towards Hatton, but I knew Manny was on another level and would finish him inside 10 rounds. I was more annoyed at how pretty much everybody I know was saying Hatton was going to get inside and destroy Manny, showing a total lack of knowledge when it comes to boxing, or just being plainly blinded by the fact Ricky is English.

Anyways, I really hope Ricky comes back and gets himself back on the W's. Hes still a top drawer fighter and very exciting to watch.

Now I just cant wait to see Floyd fighting Marquez and Manny.

Post #4   5/3/09 5:05:50AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,385-918
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Hatton was just outclassed last night. Just like he was against Floyd. But I think its far to early to say Ricky should hang em up. He lost to Floyd when he was number 1 p4p. He lost to Manny when he was number 1 p4p. So hes basically never been beaten by a fighter who wasnt the best in the world at the time. A saving grace for the Hitman might be that I cant see Manny hanging round in a single weight class for a sustained period, so Ricky probably wont have to fight him again any time soon, should he put together another good run. Which he will.

Hatton probably needs to move onto a new trainer though. All the promises from Floyd sr about a new and improved "slicker" Hatton is garbage, he doesnt look any differant.

I kinda feel bad, for the last two weeks ive been really Harsh towards Hatton, but I knew Manny was on another level and would finish him inside 10 rounds. I was more annoyed at how pretty much everybody I know was saying Hatton was going to get inside and destroy Manny, showing a total lack of knowledge when it comes to boxing, or just being plainly blinded by the fact Ricky is English.

Anyways, I really hope Ricky comes back and gets himself back on the W's. Hes still a top drawer fighter and very exciting to watch.

Some good points there mate.

Hatton fought the wrong fight against Manny - he came forward too quickly and tried to slug with him - huuuuuuge mistake.

Post #5   5/3/09 8:17:04AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

IMO I think hatton was just too dumb. I don't think he even tried to listen to Floyd at all. It was the same old Hatton who just throws himself at people and tries to hug them and smother them. It only works against fast guys who can't punch like Pauly, or strong guys with no speed like Urango who can't catch him. But when he actually fights somebody who's slick with good speed and great power he gets caught every time. He needs to use head movement and a jab to help him not get caught coming in. But I think he's just too use to his style.

Real impressive though. Pacman's just wow. He's a beast. I agree that Pacman actually I think has the edge against Floyd. He's just as fast with great power, he could definitely take Floyd out!

Post #6   5/3/09 1:16:04PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,385-918
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

IMO I think hatton was just too dumb. I don't think he even tried to listen to Floyd at all. It was the same old Hatton who just throws himself at people and tries to hug them and smother them. It only works against fast guys who can't punch like Pauly, or strong guys with no speed like Urango who can't catch him. But when he actually fights somebody who's slick with good speed and great power he gets caught every time. He needs to use head movement and a jab to help him not get caught coming in. But I think he's just too use to his style.

Saying that, he's only been defeated twice in 47 fights - not too bad for someone so 'dumb'.

Post #7   5/3/09 1:46:26PM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:
Crazy KO no doubt!

Post #8   5/3/09 1:52:33PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,991-1,061
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #9   5/3/09 3:26:21PM   

HulkRage

Standup Guy

HulkRage Avatar

Career:1,211-825
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
That was great, Hatton got KTFO. I can't wai to see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather jr. that will be one to watch.

Post #10   5/3/09 3:29:41PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Pacquiao better tune up his defense mid-combinations, otherwise if that fight with Mayweather does happen he's going to get absolutely killed. Luckily for Pacquiao he hits hard enough to exert his will. Still, make that fight go past 5 rounds and Mayweather starts to take it handily IMO

Post #11   5/3/09 3:44:08PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:
Wow, I just watched what happened after the fight, I didnt realise Hatton was so hurt! I litterally turned to T.V off and went to bed in a huff as soon as they called it (Bearing in mind id stayed up until 5 a.m. and paid for ppv, only to see the fight finish in 5 minutes ). Looked really bad. Not something I feel proud to joke about, but damn, Hatton looked like a little goblin or some other hidously ugly little creature when he was out.....

Post #12   5/3/09 4:18:23PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:
I just heard Hattons going to have showdown talks with Floyd which could see the end of their partnership. Floyd turned up about half an hour before the fight started and apparantly just strolled into the locker room like nothing happened. Sounds like Hatton was p****d to say the least.

Poor form from Floyd, almost as bad as Bisping just not showing for Deans fight on TUF.

Post #13   5/3/09 4:20:38PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Ive been saying it for awhile, but Pacquiao's lateral movement and handspeed is going to be too much for floyd. Mayweather relies on the fact that hes much faster than everyone he faces, and that allows him to use the philly shell defense in an almost impenatrable manner, but manny is just as fast as him if not faster. Hes going to land shots that normally Mayweather would be able to parry. And hes going to outwork him.

That is if Mayweather makes it past Marquez... who is a beast in himself and a great bet if he gets to +175

Post #14   5/3/09 4:33:33PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Ive been saying it for awhile, but Pacquiao's lateral movement and handspeed is going to be too much for floyd. Mayweather relies on the fact that hes much faster than everyone he faces, and that allows him to use the philly shell defense in an almost impenatrable manner, but manny is just as fast as him if not faster. Hes going to land shots that normally Mayweather would be able to parry. And hes going to outwork him.

That is if Mayweather makes it past Marquez... who is a beast in himself and a great bet if he gets to +175

I'll av bet you when that Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao fight goes down, if it does. I don't count Manny out at all, but I think once Pacquiao's punching power fades in the latter rounds then Mayweather will turn it up and out point him for the UD.

This is all subject to a big IF the fight happens, of course. I still think Mayweather is faster than Pacman

Post #15   5/3/09 4:37:24PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3