Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture files for divorce

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
Yesterday [Apr. 28] Randy Couture served his wife of over two years, Kim Couture, with divorce papers. The news was a shock to those close to the couple and even more to Kim, who pulled out of her televised main event fight due to the devastating news. This marks Randy's third divorce.

Link

Post #1   5/2/09 1:22:55PM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:
Posted in the Locker Room, I think it should be here though.

Post #2   5/2/09 1:24:13PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Assuming this is legit, Randy seems to have a problem with commitments, we've seen it with his UFC contract and his marriages. Dudes still a legend but this is ridiculous, 3 divorces? No offense but I feel bad for the next woman that comes into his life.

Post #3   5/2/09 2:01:40PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
The guy is just a normal person like you and me,and he has personal problems just like everyone else.It's hard to keep a marriage together.Just because you are a super nice guy doesn't mean you can make a marriage work.

I won't judge the man based on his private love life.I sure as hell wouldn't want to be judged on mine,and I'm assuming no one else here would want to be either.

WB.

Post #4   5/2/09 2:09:15PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:
Uhh who was judging? the guy has problems with commitments, which is what marriage is, a commitment, and why marriage is so taboo these days because 50-60% of ppl get divorced now. A lot of ppl cant do it, never said it made him a bad person. Oh and after two failed marriages you gotta know its not for you, I have no sympathy in that regard, I feel bad for Kim for being blindsided by all this, as it says, nobody expected this.

Post #5   5/2/09 2:35:52PM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Uhh who was judging? the guy has problems with commitments..... I feel bad for Kim for being blindsided by all this, as it says, nobody expected this.

No-offence. What do know about Randy's personal life?
You are assuming alot here. The fact is, nobody knows what really goes on between a man and wife apart from themselves.

If you want to judge him, judge him as a fighter, not as a person.

Post #6   5/2/09 5:09:57PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Hope it works out for the best... also, hopefully this wont play to much of a factor in his training for the nog fight

Post #7   5/2/09 5:22:30PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I can now say openly, without fear of Randy hunting me down and beating me to death: I f***ing hated kim couture. Actually I said that all of the time when they were still together. lol.

Post #8   5/2/09 5:49:41PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I can now say openly, without fear of Randy hunting me down and beating me to death: I f***ing hated kim couture. Actually I said that all of the time when they were still together. lol.

Something about her was always off IMO. When she started fighting MMA it really made me dislike her. Mark my words- I guarantee you she will never fight again.

Last edited 5/2/09 5:54PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   5/2/09 5:54:25PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tomp6581

Posted by EvenFlow

Uhh who was judging? the guy has problems with commitments..... I feel bad for Kim for being blindsided by all this, as it says, nobody expected this.

No-offence. What do know about Randy's personal life?
You are assuming alot here. The fact is, nobody knows what really goes on between a man and wife apart from themselves.

If you want to judge him, judge him as a fighter, not as a person.

I get what you're saying but again, I'm not trying to judge the guy at all since I cant, I dont know him well enough to try and give him advice. I see you chose to only quote parts you wanted so I'll say this to put it in perspective, if someone gets divorced 3 times, usually they're the problem. Maybe he has a bad taste in women or picks the wrong ones, either way I never disrespected the guys accomplishments. You have to expect that someones gonna ask themself just how committed he is to the committments he makes? and its not an unreasonable question.

EDIT: apparently I havnt made myself clear in the last 2-3 posts, I am not calling his character into question. I'm simply percieving how he handles his committments, he knew the risks of getting married, 3 different times. I still have no sympathy for wife jumpers or just people who cant stay with one person. I would do anything for a chance at true love and people throw that away everyday. I pity Randy more than anything.

Last edited 5/2/09 11:01PM server time by EvenFlow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   5/2/09 6:15:36PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
I don't know if I Could call whether he has problems with committment or not. Sometimes problems with committment can be remaining committed to a relationship that is damaging to yourself, that person, or others. Sometimes problems of committment are that you quit too soon when it gets rough.

No offense, but how the heck would you know which is which?

We have no clue as to why this is happening...and quite frankly, it's none of our business. I just feel sad for both since at one point, they obviously both loved each other. Divorce is rarely a cool thing for either side.

Post #11   5/2/09 7:03:09PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:
Its his fourth if you count the UFC split, but i guess that counts as reconciled

Post #12   5/2/09 8:31:29PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The truth is none of us have a clue why Randy filed for divorce the 1st or 3rd time. I cant say I'm sad about this because something about Kim always felt wrong to me. But if this is what Randy feels is best for him then so be it. It doesn't affect me as a fan in any way.

Post #13   5/2/09 9:06:04PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Didn't read it in-depth but it sounded like it could've had something to do with Kim & the business not getting along well or something along those lines.

Post #14   5/2/09 9:10:00PM   

SPARX

Learning to Sprawl

SPARX Avatar

Career:458-294
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
there goes kim's career

Post #15   5/2/09 9:57:02PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2