Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rashad Evans will bother Lyoto Machida on May 23

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by king_katool

I cant wait for this either, ive been a rashad fan since b4 he fought tito and this is by far his toughest match up, if he can get past lyoto im sure he will have no problem taking page,

WAR EVANS

Rashad didn't even win the fight with Tito decisevly.
If it wasn't for the point deduction he would have lost and this is when he realized he could beat these guys?
I wonder if it was when Tito was giving him a beating when it clicked.

if tito hadn't have been grabbing the fence then rashad would have been getting take downs.

i'm looking forward to this fight. I'm a fan of both fighters but i'm kinda of pulling for rashad mostly because i've been a hard core fan of his for a long time and once again, he appears to be the "under dog"

he's right on though. It's going to be about who's gameplan is better and whether or not they can stick to it. they are both real quick but rashad appears to be faster to me. I just don't know if he'll be able to deal with machida's style. machida is wicked good. I think these two are literally the top 2 fighters in this weight class right now so it's exciting to see it happen.

I do hope this doesn't end up being a boring fight. It has the potential to be amazing or boring as heck.

Post #16   4/29/09 8:44:25PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
Looking into my crystal ball what do I see....... Evans crumpled on the mat in a pool of his own pee.

Post #17   4/29/09 9:11:07PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Lyoto by absolute outclassing...... or ko lol

No, this will not be close, the only matchups that have a potential to be close are Rampage, or a shoot'n'scoot fighter like Maia, who is way to small anyway.

And I'm pretty sure either one would be whooped.

Post #18   4/29/09 9:19:10PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
I picked against Machida for his Sokoju(bad spelling but African guy sounds distasteful).My excuse, it was a different world back then we all thought that guy was like super awsome and could be the next big thing with his KO power and judo background.Well I learned my lesson.Rashad just might end up like Sokajewey.

Post #19   4/29/09 11:33:41PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Machida out classes him heavily on the feet and I think Machida's take down D is one of the best at 205. I wouldn't be shocked to see Machida take Rashad down. I would like to say Rashad is doing good because of the game plans Jackson is giving him but the past 2 fights he was losing till he landed a good punch. I don't think Jackson's game plan was to gamble that he would be able to pull off one good punch. As hard as it is to hit Machida it would be a bad idea to gamble on Rashad's just ok stand up to win this fight.

Post #20   4/30/09 2:08:13AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Machidas Sumo pretty much nullifies Rashads wrestling, His Jits is better than Rashads, and he is a better striker. I dont see any way Rashad can win this fight. Machida will be champ for a long time.

Post #21   4/30/09 12:00:54PM   

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Still, though.. sometimes a fighter needs to get hit to wake up. Maybe Rashad is just a momentum fighter like that. He gives what he gets type. You know? That's what I've always thought about him.

The thing with Machida is he continuously breaks his opponent's momentum. His angles and movement take away Rashad's standing attack.

Rashad's only chance will be to take him down but again, the speed and angles of Machida combined with the distance he generally keeps from his opponent will make taking him down a very big task for Rashad.

Machida dominates 2 at least rounds, with Rashad managing 1 round of L&P when he takes Machida down from a clinch or against the fence. UD Machida.

Post #22   4/30/09 12:04:39PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
rashad wasn't losing either of the last two fights he fought. Forrest was doing a good job but Rashad closed distance and began to tage Forrest. Forrest made a mistake and it was game over. I think Lyoto will have a lot to prove with his takedown defense again with Rashad. It's strong but I'm not convinced he can stop it.

Regardless this is the BADDEST figth in a while but not necessarily the most 'exciting'. This is more of a "fight fan" or afficienando type fight. All the guys who are into counter punching, strategy, technique---all that nerdy minutia---that's who is gonna like this and we are going to annoy the crap out of people when we watch it by insessantly talking about footwork, "ooh do you see how he is setting up the counter left hook!" stuff like that. hahaha.

Post #23   4/30/09 1:18:48PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by EliasG

rashad wasn't losing either of the last two fights he fought. Forrest was doing a good job but Rashad closed distance and began to tage Forrest. Forrest made a mistake and it was game over. I think Lyoto will have a lot to prove with his takedown defense again with Rashad. It's strong but I'm not convinced he can stop it.

Regardless this is the BADDEST figth in a while but not necessarily the most 'exciting'. This is more of a "fight fan" or afficienando type fight. All the guys who are into counter punching, strategy, technique---all that nerdy minutia---that's who is gonna like this and we are going to annoy the crap out of people when we watch it by insessantly talking about footwork, "ooh do you see how he is setting up the counter left hook!" stuff like that. hahaha.

Come on now... how can you honestly say that Rashad was winning both of those fights? I'd seriously like to hear a legitimate claim that had Rashad wining most of, not just some of, either of those fights

Post #24   4/30/09 2:21:58PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2