Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad Evans will bother Lyoto Machida on May 23

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
“Probably after my fight with Tito Ortiz. After that fight I really believed I could make it. That was when I thought: ‘These guys aren’t that much better than me. I can fight these guys, and I can beat these guys.’ [Lyoto is] a very strategic fighter, just as I am. It will surely be a tough fight. I think if we fight, the winner will be the one with the better strategy. Machida is a really tough and disciplined fighter. He doesn’t get emotionally shaken in his fights, for being so disciplined. When this fight happens, I’m go to make him frustrated and bothered in the octagon. It will be a tough fight, for sure.”

LINK

Post #1   4/29/09 4:18:16PM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I can't wait for this fight...

WAR BOTH GUYS

Post #2   4/29/09 4:21:19PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
I cant wait for this either, ive been a rashad fan since b4 he fought tito and this is by far his toughest match up, if he can get past lyoto im sure he will have no problem taking page,

WAR EVANS

Post #3   4/29/09 5:00:28PM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:
Gonna be a good fight!

Post #4   4/29/09 5:01:52PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:

Posted by king_katool

I cant wait for this either, ive been a rashad fan since b4 he fought tito and this is by far his toughest match up, if he can get past lyoto im sure he will have no problem taking page,

WAR EVANS

Rashad didn't even win the fight with Tito decisevly.
If it wasn't for the point deduction he would have lost and this is when he realized he could beat these guys?
I wonder if it was when Tito was giving him a beating when it clicked.

Post #5   4/29/09 5:38:56PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,463-760
Chips:
i don't care who wins i just hope one renders the other unconscious

Post #6   4/29/09 5:44:46PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
This is the first fight were i've actually picked against Rashad.
Hope I don't regret it.

Post #7   4/29/09 5:52:23PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Hope I don't regret it.

this will be the first fight i pick against machida :)

Post #8   4/29/09 6:18:39PM   

mauladala

Learning to Sprawl

mauladala Avatar

Career:265-122
Chips:
I really love both guys (I have them both in my top ten faves), but Machida will work Rashad.

Post #9   4/29/09 6:41:42PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Hope I don't regret it.

I picked against him in every fight. I am not making that mistake again.

Post #10   4/29/09 7:06:20PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
One UFC ticket $400
One novalty t-shirt $25
Seeing the look on Rashad's face after he gets destoyed by Machida...Priceless

Post #11   4/29/09 7:29:33PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

One UFC ticket $400
One novalty t-shirt $25
Seeing the look on Rashad's face after he gets destoyed by Machida...Priceless

Agreed.

Post #12   4/29/09 7:33:04PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by mrsmiley

Hope I don't regret it.

this will be the first fight i pick against machida :)

That's pretty crazy.

Post #13   4/29/09 7:38:58PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
I absolutely love this match up but unfortunately for the fans, this fight could easily evolve into a snooze fest. It doesn't take a genius to realize that machida is a counter fighter and that he looks at his best when his opponent is aggressive. And watching how rashad approached Liddell as a counter striker, it suggests that the first couple rounds if not the whole fight could be lack luster.

What really interests me about this fight is that Machida has been the unsolvable mystery of the lhw division who has really yet to face a legitimate top10 and he's being matched up against a Greg jackson fighter... fighters who are notorious for having unbelievable effective and intricate gameplans.

With all that said, my favourite part of this fight is that someone is gonna come away with a loss haha. I've always felt that machida and evans have both been over hyped.

Machida has yet to face a legit top10

Evans's last 4 are a draw with ortiz, a split decision over a middle weight, . a KO over liddel who has lost 4 of his last 5.. and finally a good win over . Griffin who was a good matchup for him

Whoever wins this fight will be far more deserving of their hype, belt and undefeated record... as long as it's not a total snooze fest haha

Post #14   4/29/09 8:00:11PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

I absolutely love this match up but unfortunately for the fans, this fight could easily evolve into a snooze fest. It doesn't take a genius to realize that machida is a counter fighter and that he looks at his best when his opponent is aggressive. And watching how rashad approached Liddell as a counter striker, it suggests that the first couple rounds if not the whole fight could be lack luster.

What really interests me about this fight is that Machida has been the unsolvable mystery of the lhw division who has really yet to face a legitimate top10 and he's being matched up against a Greg jackson fighter... fighters who are notorious for having unbelievable effective and intricate gameplans.

With all that said, my favourite part of this fight is that someone is gonna come away with a loss haha. I've always felt that machida and evans have both been over hyped.

Machida has yet to face a legit top10

Evans's last 4 are a draw with ortiz, a split decision over a middle weight, . a KO over liddel who has lost 4 of his last 5.. and finally a good win over . Griffin who was a good matchup for him

Whoever wins this fight will be far more deserving of their hype, belt and undefeated record... as long as it's not a total snooze fest haha

Not to mention the fact that he was losing both of those recent fights (Liddell, Griffin)

Still, though.. sometimes a fighter needs to get hit to wake up. Maybe Rashad is just a momentum fighter like that. He gives what he gets type. You know? That's what I've always thought about him.

I will be very interested to see the gameplan Greg Jackson brings into this fight. If it wasn't for that man I'd be 100% sure on Machida.

Post #15   4/29/09 8:11:49PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2