Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Political Debate

Print  
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
That's why it's not there yet. They can grab power from the alternator and the heat off the brakes, and they can divert some of the air back around, but it's still in development. Right now they are using a standard compressor and if I remember right it last about 200 miles or so.

But it's been a while since I've seen the epsiode. I tried to find it, but came across this report from Europe.

Link

This one lasts about 200 km (120 miles) It has an on-board compressor that uses $2 in electicity and 4 hours to fill up from an outlet at your house.

Or you can recharge at a gas station compressor in 3 minutes.

It uses some gasoline though. It will go from LA to NY on one tank of gas!

Last edited 4/5/07 3:48AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #61   4/5/07 3:36:17AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:
Back on topic, I see the fossil fuel debate as less of an enviromental issue, than a geo-political one.

Not that I don't care about the enviroment, but the moment we stop buying oil from the mid east is the day they start declining. We are their biggest customer and much of that money get routed to terrorist at worst and at the least, funds Wahhabi (fundamentalist Islam) schools that fuel hatred towards Isreal, and the western nations that support it.

Nursery songs with themes such as "Down with the Infidels", "Islam will conquer the World", and "Martyrdom for the sake of Palestine" are common. This is in elementary school!! They are fed this crap from birth, brain washed for life.

Most maps over there don't even have Isreal on them. It says "occupied Palestine"
I'm telling you, cut off the $$, and they will be back on camels, drinking goat's milk and eating dates within a generation.

Last edited 4/5/07 4:23AM server time by manfred

Post #62   4/5/07 4:22:03AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
The small Middle East countries like Quatar and Bahrain, which don't have oil, are already like that.

Only problem with that is the fact that poverty + desperation = crime. Make that on a national scale and you have invasions and war a-la an impoverished Germany or resourse poor Japan in WW2. Some nations, like France, are perfectly happy to decline, but when you throw extremist religion and an already psychotic ruling party into play, I doubt they're going to sit pretty and watch their industry and standard of living decline without wanting someone elses resources.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #63   4/5/07 4:34:02AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:
Qatar is the leading producer of LNG. Bahrain and Adu Dhabi have some resources but make their real money being the "Switzerland and Luxembourg of the middle east" so to speak.

They are also more moderate and tolerant. But I take your point on poverty, but having lived in many places, I've never seen so much collective laziness. They are more than happy sitting around drinking tea all day, talking about Allah. And this is their military I'm taking about. They'd rather pay someone (Indians, Filipinos for blue collar, American, Britons for white collar work) It;'s been bred into them for almost 3 generations now that they (muslims, in particular Sunnis) are above that.

Add to that the fact that 90% of the colege graduates major in religious studies or Sharia (Islamic religeous law) and I'm not to worried about them advancing forward or being a threat once their checkbooks are empty.

Post #64   4/5/07 5:54:06AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
I kinda look at Politcs like....People here or anywhere you hear bitch and moan about this President or this senator or any elected official...but my reply seems to be..If you think Bush sucks or whatever..then do something about it..People complain..but honestly if you think you can do a better job than the officials that are in there now then run for some type elected official job.dont bag on the Pres just cause you dont agree with him.honestly do u think you could do a better job..if so please explain..or better yet...RUN for Office..i mean if you can sit around and badmouth someone..why dont YOU run for an office and make the world a better place..stop sitting around saying how much this person sucks or whatever...you know.peolpe can say ahh i can put an end to war and help healthcare and decrease our debts.well stop talking about it...go out and do it..you can only make a change by doing it yourself not running the mouth..

Post #65   4/22/07 10:23:59PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I kinda look at Politcs like....People here or anywhere you hear bitch and moan about this President or this senator or any elected official...but my reply seems to be..If you think Bush sucks or whatever..then do something about it..People complain..but honestly if you think you can do a better job than the officials that are in there now then run for some type elected official job.dont bag on the Pres just cause you dont agree with him.honestly do u think you could do a better job..if so please explain..or better yet...RUN for Office..i mean if you can sit around and badmouth someone..why dont YOU run for an office and make the world a better place..stop sitting around saying how much this person sucks or whatever...you know.peolpe can say ahh i can put an end to war and help healthcare and decrease our debts.well stop talking about it...go out and do it..you can only make a change by doing it yourself not running the mouth..

Alot of people who oppose Bush do participate in bettering our society, its just alot of them don't like the political environment (esp. now), and the bureaucracy that comes with American government, so they take part in other ways (volunteer work, non profit orgs, fair trade concious local companies, etc) Vermonters are amazing with this. I have never seen Americans as socially active anywhere in the U.S. than in Vermont. This is coming from a state with independents and republicans leading an overwhelmingly liberal state, how many states can claim that?

Last edited 4/23/07 4:24PM server time by warglory

Post #66   4/23/07 4:23:39PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
My problem with the President Cheney and VP Dubya, the stonewalling. We have a right to know what is the condition of Cheney's health. Hell, if anything happened to him, Dubya would be president. They stonewalled on it. We have a right to know about Dubya's past. They stopped it. It was good enough to grill Clinton to get the "But I didn't inhale" response, but leave Dubya's past out of it.

Cheney had secret Energy meetings, with Ken Lay in attendance but we're not allowed to find out what went on. They blamed Gray Davis for California's energy woe's, got the "Terminator" elected and then we come to find out that Enron was cutting of electricity to Cali. Electricity is MD is going up 50% this year. It went uo last year. Gas is through the roof. Heating oil cost a pretty penny now, but we don't have a right to know what went on in those meetings. And then when the GAO filed suit, the judge presiding over the lawsuit was U.S. Circuit Court Judge John Bates, who before he became a judge worked for none other then Kenneth Starr. This is a perfect example why Dubya has devoted so much energy into packing the federal court system with conservative judges.

Where does it end with this administration? Halliburton, Cheney old company is awarded billions of dollars in "no-bid contracts" and then overcharges us, the tax payer. Wolfie can't handle Iraq, hell, lets put him in charge of the World Bank. What happens, he brings is girlfriend in a a huge salary and then gets her security clearance. SHE ISN'T AMERICAN.

Didn't Dubya say he was bringing, "Accountibilty" back to the White House? Didn't he say he was bringing "Morals and Values" to the white House? Look at all the resignations and indictments of Republicans since they took over. Dubya nd Cheney made a power grab and people went along hook, line and sinker.

Jack Abramhoff. Google him. And watch the blood spill. "The Exterminator" Tom Delay. Cunningham. Foley. Ney. IT goes on and on. My problem with these two clowns are, "They are f*cking lying hypocrits." Every business that Dubya has run, he got bailed out on. Every single one. Then he's voted as President and turns everything he does into a partisan war. He had a chance to bring this country together and messed it up.

You want to read a good book written by a Republican? Read : Worse then Watergate; The Secret Presidency of George W. Bush It'll open your eyes

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #67   4/23/07 5:00:21PM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Talking of politics in Britian at this time with the main parties all fighting for the middle ground we now have far right parties like the BNP and far left parties like the Communists, with the potential to gain seats in this country. I can see why the government takes 25% of your income in Income tax another 5% NI. VAT on goods is 17.5% add to that the high value of the pound means that small buisness in this country really struggle. Then there is the council tax, there were marches on parliment when we were taxed on our vote, now instead we pay tax based on the area we live in and not the size of the house we own, Currently I pay close to £1000 pounds a year to the council in my area which is semi rural to provide aminities (of which there are few) and collect my rubbish (once every two weeks). If you work in the public sector helping people and making a difference in this country or try to have some inituative and start your own buisness and create jobs in areas where there are few you are royaly ass raped, By the government who policies are used to help city boys to fund there lifestyle in return for backhanders and latter they make these people Lords WTF. They call it cash for honours but there is no honour among the thieves and con men who currently make up the government of this country.

Post #68   4/27/07 7:04:42AM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5