Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Political Debate

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Conversely, just because you knocked up your girlfriend, I should be punished with higher taxes because you can't afford a delivery? Does that seem fair?

Theres a saying that goes something like "Democracy only lasts until the people find out they can vote themselves more money." If everyone was prodcutive and responsible, we'd have far less problems in this country, but most people are willing to sell everyone else down the river for a free ride.

And the reason its thousands of dollars for a delivery is because people don't pay for them, thereby making the next delivery more expensive, making it harder for people to pay, and creating a vicious cycle, hence why it costs $30 for an advil in a hospital. A hospital is bound by law to take in every single patient though, even the ones who have absolutely no intention of paying for their services, and are abusing the system.

Talk with some medical personnel and you'll hear all kinds of great stories about the homeless who pretend their having heart problems so they can get a free meal and bed, the junkies that claim back injuries to get free pain meds to get high on, people who will go the hospital for a bee sting or a splinter because they're too lazy to take care of it themselves, etc. Not a good situation at all.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #31   4/3/07 1:40:44AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Conversely, just because you knocked up your girlfriend, I should be punished with higher taxes because you can't afford a delivery? Does that seem fair?

Theres a saying that goes something like "Democracy only lasts until the people find out they can vote themselves more money." If everyone was prodcutive and responsible, we'd have far less problems in this country, but most people are willing to sell everyone else down the river for a free ride.

And the reason its thousands of dollars for a delivery is because people don't pay for them, thereby making the next delivery more expensive, making it harder for people to pay, and creating a vicious cycle, hence why it costs $30 for an advil in a hospital. A hospital is bound by law to take in every single patient though, even the ones who have absolutely no intention of paying for their services, and are abusing the system.

Talk with some medical personnel and you'll hear all kinds of great stories about the homeless who pretend their having heart problems so they can get a free meal and bed, the junkies that claim back injuries to get free pain meds to get high on, people who will go the hospital for a bee sting or a splinter because they're too lazy to take care of it themselves, etc. Not a good situation at all.

you care nothing about anyone else. that is perfectly fair for someone else to pay....i pay ******* taxes just like you. so your paying for me im paying for someone else and who knows somewhere down the road it comes back to you. and what the hell are you talking about the delivery gets more expensive?! you obviously do not know what the hell you are talking about...the bill gets paid NO MATTER WHAT...there is never an incident the bill isnt paid. half my damn family is in the medical field...i know exaclty how it is...yeah there are some people who are abusing it but it helps 1000 times more than it hurts... people who get "bee stings or splinters" are people who always have healthcare. youre whole phiolosophy is **** everyone and live for yourself.. you are worse than the ppl who abuse the damn system. you obviously do not know how it works..

Last edited 4/3/07 2:26AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #32   4/3/07 1:49:50AM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
i will never vote republican or democrat again. i think we need to get a third party in the mix i tend to side with the libertarians

Post #33   4/3/07 1:57:08AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
First off, if you can't debate intelligently and without name-calling, don't post.

Yes, the bill gets paid no matter what, by the federal government, who in turn get the money from tax revenue, which comes from citizens. Do some reading on the subject of the health care system and you'll find that a majority of money pulled in to operate hospitals comes from taxes and social healthcare programs, which are themselves funded by taxes.

As for deliveries, what I said was an example of why health care is so expensive. I didn't mean that the next person to have a baby has to pay for the delivery of the previous, or whatever you thought I meant. The more people shrug off their responsiblity onto others, the more the responsible people have to pay, until the system eventually collapses. There are border hospitals in Cali. that have practically closed because of the influx of illegals who don't pay for healthcare and collapse the system.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #34   4/3/07 2:07:03AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Thanks for the imput bro. Just out of curiousity, how does Saudi Arabia off-set the costs? Something to do with oil revenue?

Yeah, they have no taxes and pay everything with the oil money. (Kind of like Navada with gaming.)

The funny thing is every year they are in the negative because the royal family (10,000 people and counting) all get huge salaries and all kinds of free stuff. Land, cars, palaces, you name it. They are going to be dry in about 50 years or so and they'll be right back on camels.
(Matt Damon's speech to the Arab prince in Syriana was 100% accurate)

Last edited 4/3/07 2:11AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   4/3/07 2:11:39AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

First off, if you can't debate intelligently and without name-calling, don't post.

Yes, the bill gets paid no matter what, by the federal government, who in turn get the money from tax revenue, which comes from citizens. Do some reading on the subject of the health care system and you'll find that a majority of money pulled in to operate hospitals comes from taxes and social healthcare programs, which are themselves funded by taxes.

As for deliveries, what I said was an example of why health care is so expensive. I didn't mean that the next person to have a baby has to pay for the delivery of the previous, or whatever you thought I meant. The more people shrug off their responsiblity onto others, the more the responsible people have to pay, until the system eventually collapses. There are border hospitals in Cali. that have practically closed because of the influx of illegals who don't pay for healthcare and collapse the system.

BUT THEY DO NOT INCREASE TAXES WHEN THE GOVERNMENT PAYS THE BILL....there is a set limit of funding. maybe you should read up....and what else can i do...you insult me and my lifestyle but my name calling is immature?

Your philosophy on healthcare is obvious still... you say screw everyone, its only important if it helps you... YOU ARE THE PEOPLE THAT DRAIN SOCIETY, maybe not in healthcare but your attitude is the kind that everyone hates..

Post #36   4/3/07 2:11:53AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Svartorm

Thanks for the imput bro. Just out of curiousity, how does Saudi Arabia off-set the costs? Something to do with oil revenue?

Yeah, they have no taxes and pay everything with the oil money. (Kind of like Navada with gaming.)

The funny thing is every year they are in the negative because the royal family (10,000 people and counting) all get huge salaries and all kinds of free stuff. Land, cars, palaces, you name it. They are going to be dry in about 50 years or so and they'll be right back on camels.
(Matt Damon's speech to the Arab prince in Syriana was 100% accurate)

Yeah, I've read a bit about their royal families and how they live. They make Paris Hilton look like a thrift store shopper with the amount of cash they blow on themselves at any given moment, like how they'll fly into a city and rent an entire hotel for a week so they can fill it with hookers and booze while outside of the Holyland. As Borat would say "Naughty Naughty!"

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #37   4/3/07 2:17:34AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
This is a devisive topic. I undrerstand everyone has their own strongly held opinions, but keep it clean and impersonal please. Otherwise I will delete the thread .
thanks
ADMIN

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #38   4/3/07 2:33:49AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

BUT THEY DO NOT INCREASE TAXES WHEN THE GOVERNMENT PAYS THE BILL....there is a set limit of funding. maybe you should read up....and what else can i do...you insult me and my lifestyle but my name calling is immature?

Your philosophy on healthcare is obvious still... you say screw everyone, its only important if it helps you... YOU ARE THE PEOPLE THAT DRAIN SOCIETY, maybe not in healthcare but your attitude is the kind that everyone hates..

Yes, but said limit can and will increase, and federal income taxes continously go up every year to fund this and other projects. If you don't believe me, bust our your W-2s and look. This is money that could potentially go towards national defense, schools, conservation land, or half a million other things, but instead goes to hospitals that can't pay their bills.

As for insulting you and your lifestyle, I specifically stated that that was not my intention. I used your situation as an example, not as an attack on you.

My philosophy on healthcare is not "screw everyone". Like I said, I'm all for helping someone who gets hit by a car, needs surgury unexpectedly, slips on an icy sidewalk and breaks a leg, etc etc. I don't believe in paying for someone who brought injury or emergency upon themselves due to a lack of foresight into the consequences of their actions. If you want to live a lifestyle where you put yourself in harms way (like a fighter, for instance), you have every right to do so, but you should be responsible for your own medical bills, as you're the one who put yourself in that situation, and it would be selfish to expect someone else to bail you out.

As for myself, I'm a Freemason, and hardly a drain on society. Our fraternity puts $2 million a day into hospitals, orphanages, special needs schools and thousands of charites. I believe heavily in charity over taxation, as it gives the option to give money, rather than demanding it. Being a young father-to-be, I'm sure you could use the tax money that you're paying out right now, rather than having it go towards the unscrupled folks I mentioned before.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #39   4/3/07 2:35:25AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

This is a devisive topic. I undrerstand everyone has their own strongly held opinions, but keep it clean and impersonal please. Otherwise I will delete the thread .
thanks
ADMIN

Its chill dude. Find me a thread on politics and/or religion that doesn't have some violent back-and-forth banter, and I'll do this.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #40   4/3/07 2:37:50AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Yes, but said limit can and will increase, and federal income taxes continously go up every year to fund this and other projects. If you don't believe me, bust our your W-2s and look. This is money that could potentially go towards national defense, schools, conservation land, or half a million other things, but instead goes to hospitals that can't pay their bills.

As for insulting you and your lifestyle, I specifically stated that that was not my intention. I used your situation as an example, not as an attack on you.

My philosophy on healthcare is not "screw everyone". Like I said, I'm all for helping someone who gets hit by a car, needs surgury unexpectedly, slips on an icy sidewalk and breaks a leg, etc etc. I don't believe in paying for someone who brought injury or emergency upon themselves due to a lack of foresight into the consequences of their actions. If you want to live a lifestyle where you put yourself in harms way (like a fighter, for instance), you have every right to do so, but you should be responsible for your own medical bills, as you're the one who put yourself in that situation, and it would be selfish to expect someone else to bail you out.

As for myself, I'm a Freemason, and hardly a drain on society. Our fraternity puts $2 million a day into hospitals, orphanages, special needs schools and thousands of charites. I believe heavily in charity over taxation, as it gives the option to give money, rather than demanding it. Being a young father-to-be, I'm sure you could use the tax money that you're paying out right now, rather than having it go towards the unscrupled folks I mentioned before.

the majority of health care is used for the elderly... have you ever had to worry about healthcare? i make plenty of money. i have paid more taxes than the hospital bill will cost...in my mind i have a right to this care. i dont ask for anything else from the government...ive broken bones, had cuts deep as the bone, been in car wrecks, fights... but i never went to the hospital. im 10 feet below in debt trying to get my MBA. medicaid was set up specifically for people like me..

Post #41   4/3/07 2:47:53AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
The elderly is a whole 'nother bowl of politics I won't get into.

I haven't had insurance in 7 years or so, and I'm in the same boat in regard to injury. I did pro-wrestling uninsured for a few years and do NHB now. I've got my fair share of broken bones, bumps and bruises, and have sucked it up as best I can. Only time I've gone to the hospital was when I had a weight lifting accident and one of my testicles was about to blow up. Trust me, thats not something you can ignore. I paid out of pocket for it though.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #42   4/3/07 3:39:52AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Svartorm, though I disagree with you on some issues, you sure know your stuff and make excellent points.

I am all for leaving Iraq. We killed Hussein which is good now let them worry about their own problems. I was for the war, but now it is time to come back home. I'm not sayin all at once, but slowly pull out and leave them be over there.

I'm against illegal immigration and I think something should be done, but to be honest neither the democrats or the republicans have a way to fix that problem right now.

Health care is a tricky issue. I do not like paying for other peoples health care either but on a case to case basis I dont mind. If something traumatic happened and the person needs help I think its ok to toss some cash over their way. But a person who abuses alcohol and drugs shouldnt be surprised when they get ill and then need everyones money.

Its still VERY early and hopefully someone will pull out in front with some solid solutions or at least attempts.

By the way, the whole McCain thing was not serious, I just like giving the guy flack for the comment, I know he is a pretty badass guy and all and I would never let that influence my vote

Post #43   4/3/07 3:22:56PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Alan Keyes would have been great 8 years ago, when I wrote him in, but he had sold his principles when he ran for Senate in Illinois.

The Republicans are now the Dems of old and the Dems are Socialists, some even leaing towards being commies.

All in all, politicians are politicians. They all suck. It isn't a matter of where you want the gov't to go, but rather how fast you wanna get there.

I would really like to vote FOR somebody and not against somebody, but that did me little good last November. Would prob hold my nose and vote for Fred Thompson if he ran 'cause I doubt we will get a true conservative on the ballot, though if one would get the nomination we would be looking at a landslide victory.

I know, I know, just shut up and pay your taxes! Hell, why should anyone half to pay more than 25% in total taxes. I said total, not just payroll, hell for that matter, our compensation for working was never meant to be taxed.

Oh well, this whole political debate could take up hours of my time.

Keep it civil, don't respond to this topic if you can't present facts and leave the name calling at home. Well, I guess thats only a natural tactic for libs though. Sorry couldn't resist

Post #44   4/4/07 12:19:11AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:
Why does everyone think this isnt personal?! EVERYTHING involved with politics is personal....not one bit of it is business... stop saying nothing is personal.

Post #45   4/4/07 12:38:26AM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5