Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Political Debate

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
he's too Mormon for me

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   3/31/07 3:03:08AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Hes a Mormon? I read on a website about him that he was a Born-Again Christian. Then again, it was a website telling people not to vote for him, so I guess it should have been taken with a grain of salt anyways.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #17   3/31/07 3:16:51AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I'm firmly against the democratic party because I'm very much opposed to welfare, taxes, and social programs. I believe that the less government we have, the better off we are.

so you agree more with HAYEK aye ? (economist) rather than that english fellow..

Post #18   3/31/07 4:31:16AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
well between Barack and Hillary....i must say...BROS BEFORE HOES....right.

Post #19   4/1/07 7:16:58PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
I think it's funny how Hilary is acting like a moderate.
In 2004, she was the 3rd most liberal senator based on voting record. (after Kennedy and Kerry)
Kerry got hammered for that and now she is the 2nd most CONSERVATIVE senator for the democrats.

So transparent it's ridiculous.

Obama is too green to be President. Period. (oh, and his name is too close to Osama)

Rudy has never done anything on the state or national level and was getting killed in the polls pre- 9/11. And he has a ton of skeletons. Both personal and political

McCain is getting old (72 in 2008, I think) but he's the best choice for me. Fiscal and foreign conservative but a social moderate. Not a blatant Bible-humper (no offense to religous folks in here) and very experienced.

We've had a BUSH or CLINTON in the White House (counting VPs) for almost 30 YEARS!
Enough already, both families need to go away before we end up with Chelsea Clinton vs. George P. Bush (Jeb's son) in 2032.

Last edited 4/2/07 3:49AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   4/2/07 3:47:16AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
McCain...I really liked the guy for a long time until two years ago he said this...

Mixed Martial Arts is human cockfighting and it should be illegal everywhere.

I understand the guy is a war vet and probably faced some nasty shit, but you cant take away the sport and expect to get my vote.

Im not conservative or democratic though so I still don't know who to vote for.

I support the war but it is time to start slowly leaving...let them kill each other.

I also am not a huge fan of welfare, but democrats have some good ideas i like, but the lines are fading to the middle so it doesnt matter anymore

Post #21   4/2/07 3:27:28PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
McCain has actually changed his stance on MMA now that it has more rules. Hes apparently cool with it now.

As for Democrats and good ideas, the three main issues being dealt with this election cycle by Dems are (universal) healthcare, global warming, and leaving Iraq. Which of these do you think is the good idea?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #22   4/2/07 11:27:55PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

McCain has actually changed his stance on MMA now that it has more rules. Hes apparently cool with it now.

As for Democrats and good ideas, the three main issues being dealt with this election cycle by Dems are (universal) healthcare, global warming, and leaving Iraq. Which of these do you think is the good idea?

leave iraq, i dont believe in war but my religion tells me to forgive ppl, and if they want to murder ppl then so be it. on the other hand i see exactly why they are still there.

Global warming? BS, we are making leaps and bounds in sciences, it is a situation to keep an eye on but we'll find a way around all that crap.

Healthcare... The most probable for aiding me... this is my main concern..

Post #23   4/3/07 12:12:53AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
The most probable for aiding you, at everyone elses expense. Welcome to communism.

I think if I'm paying for someone elses healthcare, I should also have the option of knocking cigarettes and candybars out of peoples mouths and forcing them to run and do push-ups, but I don't think thats going to happen.

If someone wants to live a life of beer, smoking, bad eating habits and laziness, they have every right to do so, but they have to live with the consequences of hearth attacks, strokes, diabetis, cancer, and shorter life expectancy. Productive, healthy citizens shouldn't be brought to task to pay for the rest.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #24   4/3/07 12:19:10AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

McCain...I really liked the guy for a long time until two years ago he said this...

Mixed Martial Arts is human cockfighting and it should be illegal everywhere.

1. As much as I love MMA, I would never let it influence my Presidential vote.

3. McCain said that back in the late 90's, not two years ago. Long before there was commission involvement.

2. Dana himself said he credits McCain with the growth of the sport. Without that pressure, it would've never declined into the "dark years" which forced not only the sale, but the rules and commissions' involvement.

Post #25   4/3/07 12:40:01AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I've lived in England, Germany, Saudi and Hungary. All have universal health care. There are usual major problems and the quality is often lower at the "government" hospitals.

These countries (with the exception of Saudi) also have 17-25% sales tax and 40-50% income tax to pay for this kind of thing.

Reduce lawsuits and limit court payouts if you want health care costs to come down in the US

Post #26   4/3/07 12:46:01AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

The most probable for aiding you, at everyone elses expense. Welcome to communism.

I think if I'm paying for someone elses healthcare, I should also have the option of knocking cigarettes and candybars out of peoples mouths and forcing them to run and do push-ups, but I don't think thats going to happen.

If someone wants to live a life of beer, smoking, bad eating habits and laziness, they have every right to do so, but they have to live with the consequences of hearth attacks, strokes, diabetis, cancer, and shorter life expectancy. Productive, healthy citizens shouldn't be brought to task to pay for the rest.

i understand your point... ha and i can assure you that i dont smoke (i do drink occasionally) and i do excerise and work full time... but i dont earn enough for me, my fiance, and i need medicaid to help me with the my babys (due in just over a month) expenses like hospital bills, etc. other than that i dont use the govt healthcare...

Post #27   4/3/07 12:46:48AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
All the illegal immigrants who sneak into our country to have children, so that their children are American citizens, also need medicaid to pay for their babies. The reason hospitals charge so much is to make up for the costs, as well as the bullshit settlements Manfred brought up.

Not to be an asshole or anything, but having a baby you can't pay for is just as bad as smoking, drinking and all that. You're still needlessly draining the system. Don't get me wrong, if someone gets smoked by a car and needs medical attention, they should get it, but people shouldn't be brought to task for another persons lack of foresight into their own lives.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #28   4/3/07 12:56:45AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I've lived in England, Germany, Saudi and Hungary. All have universal health care. There are usual major problems and the quality is often lower at the "government" hospitals.

These countries (with the exception of Saudi) also have 17-25% sales tax and 40-50% income tax to pay for this kind of thing.

Reduce lawsuits and limit court payouts if you want health care costs to come down in the US

Thanks for the imput bro. Just out of curiousity, how does Saudi Arabia off-set the costs? Something to do with oil revenue?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #29   4/3/07 12:58:14AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

All the illegal immigrants who sneak into our country to have children, so that their children are American citizens, also need medicaid to pay for their babies. The reason hospitals charge so much is to make up for the costs, as well as the bullshit settlements Manfred brought up.

Not to be an asshole or anything, but having a baby you can't pay for is just as bad as smoking, drinking and all that. You're still needlessly draining the system. Don't get me wrong, if someone gets smoked by a car and needs medical attention, they should get it, but people shouldn't be brought to task for another persons lack of foresight into their own lives.

so just because i never grew up with money and dont have very much now means i should be punished? thats bullshit... i work just as hard as you maybe harder. I didnt say i cant afford the baby...a hospital bill is sooo much more...thousands of dollars just for a delivery. i can afford everything else just barely...

Post #30   4/3/07 1:20:22AM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5