Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Political Debate

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Since most of you on this board seem educated I figured I would throw out some politics. I'm hoping you all have more to say about Bush then he is a redneck and what not, some good opinions are always interesting to read.

I of course think Bush lost control of his administration and to give him some credit he was hit hard with plenty of problems many other presidents have never had to face. I do think its time to get out of Iraq but we do need to do it at a good pace not all at once.

I also think there was way to much pork on the bill congress passed. What is a peanut package industry have anything to do with us in Iraq. I give credit to Pelosi for being a badass and getting that thing passed though.

Early favorites for me for next election are Barak Obama and Gulliani. I think Rudy would be great in getting this foreign affair shit taken care of and I think Obama has a lot of great policy plans for domestic issues. As of now its between those two for me.

Post #1   3/30/07 4:54:08PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
im almost tempted to vote for hillary just to get bill back in the white house and let the hilarity ensue

Post #2   3/30/07 5:05:18PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i think bush is cool man,i dont know why so many people hate him...He is just trying to protect us from "Evil Do-ers".........there are just too many people with time on their hands and all they like to do is complain.They want Bush to retreat from Iraq and bring the soldiers home and such,but i would bet anything that if Bush would of never invaded Iraq after 9/11 and there was an other attack on us shortly after,people would of been complaining and yelling.."Ohh Bush why didnt you do anything to stop this?!?!"...

Bush for president!!!

ps...im high so...

Post #3   3/30/07 5:53:34PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I never liked Clinton, and while I agree with some of the policy's Bush has done, he has really let me down. I'm not a republican, I'm a political conservative, and I feel he hasn't lived up to the things he ran on. Same thing with Clinton, he ran on issues , and then did whatever he could get away with. Both of these guys have been huge dissapointments to me. Mostly I want honesty in a president. I understand that for NATL. security issues we cant;, and don 't need to know, everything. Still, Reagan and Carter were at least mostly honest men. whteher you agree with the policy's they enacted or not, they at least tried to do the things they ran on, I'm not mad at Bush for Iraq, or Katrina. Those things happened , and they had to deal with them. I'm mad about his fiscal irresponsibility. I don't think an even mostly honest politician will ever be elected again. It's sad, but at least our governments system of checks and balances keeps things from going into complete chaos. It's still the best country in the world IMO, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. It could be better though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   3/30/07 6:26:49PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
first off screw obama, second rudy is the best bet for republicans except for his gun controll and pro abortion bullshit. im am a republican and i think im going to sit this election out.... lets all hope savage runs...

HELL YEA.. WAR SAVAGE

Post #5   3/30/07 6:50:32PM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
i don't think it really matters who we vote for. by the time their first term is over the USA won't even exist.

Post #6   3/30/07 7:16:13PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
how could not like this guy as president? lets see Hilary get a record that good for four fights.

Post #7   3/30/07 8:53:53PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
When Clinton was president everything was good people had jobs, when Bush is president, we get in a war .

Alot of people didn't like Clinton because of his personal life, but as a president he was a good one.

It's kinda weird how Bush is our president. He was a party machine in college and from what I heard has smoked the reefer a few times also, and his vocabulary is horrible and he can't talk for crap. He's also killing Americans for no reason.

Last edited 3/30/07 11:05PM server time by fedorwins1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/30/07 8:59:38PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Chips:
are you seriuos?, besides the fact you are 16 or 17. for the most part the economy during the bush administration has been great, including employment. the unemployment rate is at such a bare minimal right now. the only problem i have with him is that he needs to have more balls when dealing with illegals and the war. its people like you that get our boys killed over there by just adding fuel to the fire of the enemy. you sound like rosie odonald talking her shit

Last edited 4/23/07 4:37PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   3/30/07 10:10:41PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

i stay out of politics. so should everyone before they are 35.

Post #10   3/30/07 11:02:54PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by jdubs

are you an idiot, besides the fact you are 16 or 17. for the most part the economy during the bush administration has been great, including employment. the unemployment rate is at such a bare minimal right now. the only problem i have with him is that he needs to have more balls when dealing with illegals and the war. its people like you that get our boys killed over there by just adding fuel to the fire of the enemy. you sound like rosie odonald talking her shit

how in my post anywhere did i "add fuel to the fire"?

and how does what i say on an internet forum make more americans die?

Post #11   3/30/07 11:08:59PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by jdubs

are you an idiot, besides the fact you are 16 or 17. for the most part the economy during the bush administration has been great, including employment. the unemployment rate is at such a bare minimal right now. the only problem i have with him is that he needs to have more balls when dealing with illegals and the war. its people like you that get our boys killed over there by just adding fuel to the fire of the enemy. you sound like rosie odonald talking her shit

how in my post anywhere did i "add fuel to the fire"?

and how does what i say on an internet forum make more americans die?

nice edit job

Post #12   3/31/07 12:14:21AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
First off, I'm Conservative Republican. As for who I'd like to see be president, I'd like Newt Gingrich or Duncan Hunter. I very much doubt either will get in though. Failing that Mitt Romney has an alright shot because he has the funding to get in, and McCain does as well, although hes a broken man and not fit to be a leader. Gulliani is a RINO.

As for Bush, I'm rather indifferent towards him, although if he shows a backbone in the last part of his administration I'll probably end up liking him. After the last elections, there are some serious ******* moonbats in office that can cause a lot of problems. The American people were so busy trying to send Bush a "message" that they shot themselves in the foot.

I'm firmly against the democratic party because I'm very much opposed to welfare, taxes, and social programs. I believe that the less government we have, the better off we are.

As for the war, I'm all for it. If the general population was actually educated they'd probably realize the Middle East was bound to blow up eventually and the war is an neccessity, and that 3,000+ lives lost, which tragic in its own right, is a joke in terms of warfare. Find me an occupation that lasted this long with only 3000 lives lost. A good chunk of the American public doesn't follow history or think critically about current events though, and the combination of that and a leftist media tends to sway public opinion, as most mainstream media only runs tragic stories, as thats what gets you to watch/read.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #13   3/31/07 2:20:42AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
If I could pick one person to be president, besides myself of course, I would picl Alan Keyes, However, he is too honest to ever win. His own party hates him IMO, becasue he points out there hypocrisy.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #14   3/31/07 2:50:23AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Not to mention hes black and therefore would never get elected. Hes actually too Christian conservative for me. You might want to look into Sam Brownback, whos similar, but would probably stand a better chance of winning.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #15   3/31/07 2:57:32AM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>