Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jon Jones: "Following his Destiny" (interview)

Print  
Posted By Message

FedortoAll

Learning to Sprawl

Career:879-453
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:

At 22 years of age, Jon "Bones" Jones has quickly become a rising young star to look out for in the UFC's light heavyweight division. With two wins under the organization's banner—including an impressive decision victory over TUF season one finalist Stephan Bonnar—he’s already making waves in one of the most stacked divisions in the entire sport. Jon sat down with me to discuss his past, his upcoming bout with Jake O'brien at UFC 100, and his plans for the future.

The full article is here.

Great interview! I had no idea he was only 22, definitely has a bright future in the sport IMO.

Post #1   4/25/09 12:25:42PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
he is a really fun fighter to watch. His striking is very uncoventional, he had great throws, and he has power. Watch out.

Post #2   4/26/09 2:10:57AM   

FedortoAll

Learning to Sprawl

Career:879-453
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:
Pretty incredible that he didn't have a striking coach and watched Youtube videos in order to learn. I guess there is hope for keyboard warriors out there? lol

Post #3   4/26/09 12:54:00PM