Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Seen the new GTA IV Trailer?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
This game will be on both XBOX360,and PS3....I cant wait! The graphics look amazing!..i know its a CG,but they must be close to that...

GTA IV Trailer..

Post #1   3/30/07 12:46:49PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:
wow.. that looks impressive.. the graphics alone are very nice looking, i can only imagine the gameplay.. i may have to get one of those systems just for that game.. although i already plan on getting a 360 when fable 2 comes out

Post #2   3/30/07 12:58:12PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

wow.. that looks impressive.. the graphics alone are very nice looking, i can only imagine the gameplay.. i may have to get one of those systems just for that game.. although i already plan on getting a 360 when fable 2 comes out

dude!!!!...Fable 2 is gonna be fuckin amazing!....its gonna be a trip!...have you seen the GDC Fable 2 Demonstration? (there are 3 parts)

with the dog and shit....cant wait....im a big fan of the first Fable too

Post #3   3/30/07 1:31:49PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

dude!!!!...Fable 2 is gonna be fuckin amazing!....its gonna be a trip!...have you seen the GDC Fable 2 Demonstration? (there are 3 parts)

with the dog and shit....cant wait....im a big fan of the first Fable too

nah i havent seen that yet man, thanks for the link, ill definately check it out..
i played the first fable religously.. cant even count how many hours and how many characters i ran through it with.. so i cant fuckin wait for part 2
i read about the dog and it sounds like it will be incredible.. i have no doubt the game will be amazing, i just hope they hurry up and finish/release the game so i can get started on it haha

they are also supposed to be releasing final fantasy XIII on PS3, and the teaser videos i have seen on IGN are INCREDIBLE.. if you are a final fantasy fan at all

Post #4   3/30/07 1:47:33PM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
Gotta love the GTA games. The trailer was pretty sweet.

The main guy in GTA3 looks a lot like me, seriously. I want to know where they got their inspiration from, haha.

Post #5   3/30/07 2:09:43PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
im pissed at the name 4 my ass.
Vice City
San Andreas
Liberty city stories
vice city stories

4 in between 3 and 4.

Love how they left out GTA london in between 1 & 2. God i hate wrong numberings.

Post #6   3/30/07 2:12:07PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

they are also supposed to be releasing final fantasy XIII on PS3, and the teaser videos i have seen on IGN are INCREDIBLE.. if you are a final fantasy fan at all

Naw man...i have seriously tried getting into Final Fantasy games and i just cant do it...lol..that type of gameplay style just doesnt do it for me....but yea it looks amazing...

The other reason i think i dont get into them is because i feel like i am missing something since i never played any of the NES,SNES nor Playstation....i tryed playing Final Fantasy X on ps2 but i just couldnt....not when i have a Modded xbox with over 100 games installed into its 250gb harddrive..

As for GTAIV....I hope they make it alot like GTA3(My favorite out of all)....San Andreas was a disappointment for me.....too much stuff to do...Girlfriends,working out,and all that just killed it for me.....i know you dont have to do all that stuff,but for a person like me i have to or i will feel like i am not playing it to the fullest...

Post #7   3/30/07 2:29:12PM   

FedorIsTheBest

Learning to Sprawl

FedorIsTheBest Avatar

Career:22-16
Camp: team stoppage
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

Naw man...i have seriously tried getting into Final Fantasy games and i just cant do it...lol..that type of gameplay style just doesnt do it for me....but yea it looks amazing...

The other reason i think i dont get into them is because i feel like i am missing something since i never played any of the NES,SNES nor Playstation....i tryed playing Final Fantasy X on ps2 but i just couldnt....not when i have a Modded xbox with over 100 games installed into its 250gb harddrive..

As for GTAIV....I hope they make it alot like GTA3(My favorite out of all)....San Andreas was a disappointment for me.....too much stuff to do...Girlfriends,working out,and all that just killed it for me.....i know you dont have to do all that stuff,but for a person like me i have to or i will feel like i am not playing it to the fullest...

I agree man! GTAIV looks fukkin AMAZING! IF they make the gameplay like GTA3 and add some features I think I'll shit my pants!

Post #8   4/1/07 10:42:57PM   

ButterBalls

Jiu-Jistu Bean

ButterBalls Avatar

Career:265-159
Chips:
I might buy PS3 just for FF13. The price is gonna have to drop though.

I am bieng lazy right now and havn't bought the Oblivion expansion...anyone have it?

Post #9   4/2/07 1:21:57AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by butterballs

I might buy PS3 just for FF13. The price is gonna have to drop though.

I am bieng lazy right now and havn't bought the Oblivion expansion...anyone have it?

im not really into FF games,but i heard FFXIII might come to the Xbox360 ...that really sucks for sony...they're losing all their exclusives to Microsoft...

Assassins Creed
GTA4
Virtue Fighter
Devil May Cry 4
Unreal Tournament

big name games that were supposed be be exclusive to PS3....but Sony has made alot of mistakes this gen.

Post #10   4/2/07 6:25:56AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
GTA IV better blow the ******* pants off every other game this year, or I'll be pissed. They need to find a way to make it more 3D.

GTA games are notoriously flat, you can drive anywhere, aor fly anywhere, but you can climb anywhere. Crackdown had a small game map, but built it with areas you could access high into the sky. GTA needs to do something to this effect.

Post #11   4/2/07 12:40:31PM   

johnafirth

MMA Regular

johnafirth Avatar

Career:891-553
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Vice City
San Andreas
Liberty city stories
vice city stories

4 in between 3 and 4.

Love how they left out GTA london in between 1 & 2. God i hate wrong numberings.

I don't think they count London or the Stories games as full releases. London was an expansion pack (or two) for GTA, and the Stories games stop-gaps whilst they got GTA IV going.

I can't wait for GTA IV. Of course, I'll need a 360 for it. There's that, Halo 3 and Fable 2 that I really want.

Post #12   4/10/07 5:11:21PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Vice City
San Andreas
Liberty city stories
vice city stories

4 in between 3 and 4.

Its not a wrong numbering, this is being called GTA4 because its the first GTA since GTA3 to actually make a progression.

GTA > 2 New engine, better graphics, more depth to gameplay

GTA2>3 Jump to full 3D, huge step up, completely reinvented the series

GTA Vice Cities, San Andreas, VC stories and LC Stories were just new themes on an old template

GTAIV is going to use a new Engine, hence why its being considering GTA 4, instead of another GTA 3.5

Post #13   4/11/07 4:50:48AM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
cant wait, its gonna be another classic

Post #14   6/17/07 7:58:03AM   

astfgl

Learning to Sprawl

Career:283-188
Camp: Spartan MMA
Chips:
Check out this coke ad .
Its a parody of GTA 4 that uses the same graphics engine (i think)

I'm looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 4, it looks cool, here's the trailer , its 9 mins long

Last edited 6/17/07 9:16AM server time by astfgl
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   6/17/07 9:13:41AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2