Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GRINDHOUSE....

Print  
Gonna watch GRINDHOUSE?
Yes..as soon as it hits theaters 4 15%
Yes..when it comes out on DVD 10 38%
No...Its just not my thing.. 7 27%
What is a GRINDHOUSE? :-/ 5 19%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i dont know....i guess you gotta be a stoner to love these movies or something.......cant believe someone cant like Pulp Fiction..

The reason i respect this directors is cuz they're not affraid to try something different....to me all of Quentin Tarantino's movies are must owns and classics!

Reservoir Dogs..
Pulp Fiction..
Jackie Brown..
Kill Bill 1 and 2

even movies he's helped write/produce/act,like...

From Dusk Till Dawn...(directed by Robert Rodriguez)
Desperado...(directed by R R)
Natural Born Killers..

Whatever,im sure im gonna like it....especially on weed

To be fair, I'm still trying to calculate the astronomical amount of weed I'm going to have to smoke for this steaming pile to be worth seeing...it looks like the worst crap from Tarantino so far.In fact, I've noticed that each of his movies seem to be getting progressively more ridiculous.Look back at "Pulp Fiction" and "Reservoir Dogs" and there's at least a hint of realism in the overblown storylines.Fast forward to the "Kill Bill" movies and it's just become cartoonishly over-the-top (not saying that I disliked "Kill Bill", but it drew a line in the sand with how ridiculous a movie I can enjoy).But in slight contradiction to this, I still like "4 Rooms" the most out of his movies (mostly because I also work at a hotel and can relate to that weirdness...and I know, he only helped direct/write/produce that).My Zong has it's work cut out for it.

In response to the M. Night Shyamalan comment earlier, I don't think that was a great director doing a bad movie or two as much as it was a God-AWFUL director finally getting exposed.Sorry, I just have always thought his movies were utter crap.

Post #16   4/3/07 8:43:15PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Tarantino knows how to pull it off.....the movies can be as cheesey as they are,but if you have the right actors they can make it great........thats what i liked about Kill Bill movies,the fact that they didnt take themselves seriously.It was really a real life Anime cartoon movie,and its one of my favorites.If you're looking for realizm then this movie is not for you,but if you know what to expect then you're in for a treat

Post #17   4/3/07 9:33:24PM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
I agree, you had to know what to expect (and furthermore,be a casual samurai movie/kung fu movie fan) to fully appreciate what Tarantino did with Kill Bill 1&2.

I loved the Kill Bill Movies, the allusions in both movies were a nice treat.

I was digging Lone Wolf and Cub (Shogun Assassin) playing at the end.

Last edited 4/3/07 10:07PM server time by hcazlekker
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   4/3/07 9:47:17PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

you all must get some dirt weed if you need to smoke 'astronomical amounts' to make a movie enjoyable.. get some florida bud

Post #19   4/4/07 11:40:44AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

you all must get some dirt weed if you need to smoke 'astronomical amounts' to make a movie enjoyable.. get some florida bud

Mane,i'll take the Pepsi challenge with my homegrown against your florida bud anyday.........but yea...sometimes i prefer the weaker "dirt" stuff....but not "crap crap" stuff....i dont always feel like smoking out of a bong..

you cant roll a blunt of hydro and smoke it by yourself when you're bored,you can,but its not smart to waste so much good bud....but with the cheaper stuff you can chillax and its like if you're smoking a cigarette or something..

Post #20   4/4/07 12:40:53PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Mane,i'll take the Pepsi challenge with my homegrown against your florida bud anyday.........but yea...sometimes i prefer the weaker "dirt" stuff....but not "crap crap" stuff....i dont always feel like smoking out of a bong..

you cant roll a blunt of hydro and smoke it by yourself when you're bored,you can,but its not smart to waste so much good bud....but with the cheaper stuff you can chillax and its like if you're smoking a cigarette or something..

haha its on then man.. one day, ill get my finest green, and you'll get your finest green, and we will see whats up.. itll be like the mini cannabis cup

and i disagree, you can roll a blunt of hydro by yourself, you just don't have to smoke the whole thing.. i'll roll a blunt and be chiefin on it for a few days.. light it up, take 3 or 4 puffs, put it out for later.. regs dont do a damn thing for me anymore but make me feel kind of/semi stoned for about 20 minutes and leave me with a headache.. its almost pointless for me to even smoke it anymore.. MY bud though.. its that one hit wonder, and it lasts for hours.. i took a swat from my pipe on the way to work this morning at 8:45, and now 4 hours later im still like

Post #21   4/4/07 12:59:12PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
i wish a had a good camera to show you....i currently have 1 plant 2 weeks into flowering(budding)...and i just started 10 like 2 weeks ago......in about 3 months i will have a good 350g of Quality A+ DRO...

Post #22   4/4/07 1:23:36PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i wish a had a good camera to show you....i currently have 1 plant 2 weeks into flowering(budding)...and i just started 10 like 2 weeks ago......in about 3 months i will have a good 350g of Quality A+ DRO...

damn.. sounds good man.. in 3 months ill roll a fatty in honor of your plants then haha.. let me know if you ever get some pictures of it.. id be interested to see what it looks like

Post #23   4/4/07 1:28:10PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
seems like every thread turns into a weed conversation..

getting back on topic (to continue the flame war)
tarantino does nothing original. if you see his commentaries or interviews he blatently states he rips off asian cinema...

most of the stuff that we americans think is cool and new has been done in asia around 10 years ago..

Post #24   4/4/07 3:54:33PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

seems like every thread turns into a weed conversation..

getting back on topic (to continue the flame war)
tarantino does nothing original. if you see his commentaries or interviews he blatently states he rips off asian cinema...

most of the stuff that we americans think is cool and new has been done in asia around 10 years ago..

Then at least he did a good job bringing Asian film influence to the popular public eye... At least better then the films themselves did...

I think QT should be sen for what he really is... A pretty good director (with a huge freakin' headlol), but he's no Kubrick...

He has made his own nitch in the movie industry and works in that nitch pretty well...

What's with all this 'un-realistic' talk? It's a fictional movie, it doesn't have to realistic to be enjoyable... It's a horror movie for crying out loud... When's the last time one of those have been realistic (and good)?

Post #25   4/4/07 4:24:21PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
Rolling Stone Mag. gives GRINDHOUSE 3.5 out of 4..

Ebert and Roeper give it 2 thumbs up...

im still gonna wait till the DVD though...cant smoke in the theaters..

Post #26   4/5/07 1:18:23PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
aXXo should have it like 3 weeks after it premieres..

Post #27   4/5/07 3:02:33PM   

johnafirth

MMA Regular

johnafirth Avatar

Career:891-553
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I'm looking forward to it. I like Tarantino and Rodriguez, so I'm expecting this to be good too.

Post #28   4/6/07 9:27:22PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Just saw it last night and it was great...

It's weird and cheesy and funny and violent...

There's a lot of stuff that you don't get from most movies like the fake trailers for "Machete", "Thanksgiving", and "The Secret Were-Woman of the SS"...

With the whole double feature thing it was just different from seeing other movies... Inbetween people would laugh and talk a little... It just felt like a different experience...

That and Rosario Dawson is soooo sexy...

Post #29   4/9/07 3:54:30PM   

johnafirth

MMA Regular

johnafirth Avatar

Career:891-553
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

That and Rosario Dawson is soooo sexy...

I'll back you up on that. She's HOT!

Post #30   4/10/07 5:06:42PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3