Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA Quick Quote: Gina Carano would ‘probably’ choose the UFC over Strikeforce

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Frankly, I am absolutely unmotivated by money. And I know that maybe people take that and don’t understand what that means, but I am just not. What I am interested in is people that have respect. Not only respect for me, but people who have respect for women in MMA … I have sat down with Dana and (Zuffa co-owner) Lorenzo (Fertitta) and they have expressed interest and want to do something, but I am a little weary because I know that Strikeforce is signing women and the “Cyborg” fight is over there … I think that I would probably pick Zuffa (over Strikeforce) because that’s the big show, you know? To be a part of that would be amazing, but you know, here comes Strikeforce and they’ve got this CBS and Showtime deal and they are working their way up into being good competition … They’ve built their company on some good roots and now they are ready to branch out on Showtime and CBS. But as of right now, the UFC is the big show, and for a female, it would be an amazing opportunity.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   4/23/09 12:05:03PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I wonder how many people take this to mean she is ducking Cyborg

Post #2   4/23/09 1:05:55PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
well have the UFC decided if they are going to do womens mma yet? I thought they were prolly going to try it out in WEC.

Gina should probably just sign with SF

Post #3   4/23/09 1:11:13PM   

MrGreeny

MMA Regular

MrGreeny Avatar

Career:511-324
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
She should choose UFC of course. If Zuffa want to sign her im sure they have some worthy opponents for Gina.

About Cyborg... Well f*ck Cyborg. Hell, she should fight the men in WEC :D

She has no business messing with Carano's gorgeous' face :P

Post #4   4/23/09 4:36:53PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Frankly, I am absolutely unmotivated by money. And I know that maybe people take that and don’t understand what that means, but I am just not. What I am interested in is people that have respect. Not only respect for me, but people who have respect for women in MMA … I have sat down with Dana and (Zuffa co-owner) Lorenzo (Fertitta) and they have expressed interest and want to do something, but I am a little weary because I know that Strikeforce is signing women and the “Cyborg” fight is over there … I think that I would probably pick Zuffa (over Strikeforce) because that’s the big show, you know? To be a part of that would be amazing, but you know, here comes Strikeforce and they’ve got this CBS and Showtime deal and they are working their way up into being good competition … They’ve built their company on some good roots and now they are ready to branch out on Showtime and CBS. But as of right now, the UFC is the big show, and for a female, it would be an amazing opportunity.

Link

I hope they add a womens division to the WEC. That's where Gina and Cyborg need to fight.
They need to be on tv right now for the exposure, WEC is the perfect fit.

Last edited 4/23/09 6:06PM server time by zekeil
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   4/23/09 6:04:16PM