Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Following UFC 97 win (and thanks to wife), Soszynski securely in UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This past weekend's UFC 97 victory over former WEC light-heavyweight champion Brian Stann proved to Krzysztof Soszynski something his wife already knew: He belongs in the UFC.

After getting a late start to his MMA career at age 25, and after some mixed results after a step up in competition midway through his career, Soszynski's confidence was shaken.

But with some encouragement from his wife and back-to-back award-winning victories in the UFC, Soszynski now know he belongs with the 205-pound division's best.

LINK

Post #1   4/22/09 5:42:50PM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:
IMO, he is gonna be a threat in the division, and I can't wait for it.

Post #2   4/22/09 5:45:33PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
He would've actually been my first pick in the show too after showing off his skills... Vinny with the amazing Jiu Jitsu couldn't even beat Elliot Marshall, so now we know he's on his way out too.

Nogs was smart though and went with Bader as his first choice -- and a good choice it was.

Thats not to say that Krysztoff isn't awesome, cuz he is.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #3   4/22/09 6:14:34PM   

StPierreCanada

MMA Regular

StPierreCanada Avatar

Career:1,072-754
Camp: Zewkey.com
Chips:
Nice. I always liked Krystof. I think he can do well in the UFC. He fights at 205 and HW so should be interesting.

Post #4   4/22/09 7:59:37PM   

chitownsfinest15

MMA Regular

chitownsfinest15 Avatar

Career:413-266
Camp: KMX 7249
Chips:
he will do well but he hasn't fought a star powered fighter yet...stann is good dont get me wrong but the 205 weight division is loaded and i don't see him beating guys like rashad, rampage, machida, forrest, hendo, or even jardine for that matter...hes a good fighter dont get me worng but i think he does have some work to do because i really dont see anyone from the list of people i named getting caught in a kimura...imo....

Post #5   4/23/09 1:46:34AM