Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I'm so ******* depressed now

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:
to be honest i dont feel bad for liddell one bit hes a legend with millions that just doesnt really have what he used to and shogun well prepared is very dangerous and i knew shogun would win if he was well prepared and i took the chance of picking him and he came through

WAR SHOGUN

Post #16   4/19/09 11:46:41AM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:
WAR LIDDELL

Post #17   4/19/09 1:32:55PM   

Dom_Diegos

Learning to Sprawl

Dom_Diegos Avatar

Career:1,080-784
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
Shogun was a beast in pride but he used foot stops & kicks & knees to the head alot. He can't in the UFC, problem for him imo. I know alot will disagree. He didn't impress me against chuck, definetly not against coleman or forrest.
Chusk is a legend & i never have or never will bet against him, but he is past his prime. He dropped in rank after 4 losses out of his last 5 fights so give him 2 more fights see what happens. Its always nice to see a legend go out with win.

Post #18   4/19/09 1:46:39PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Chuck is a legend in the sport, and you can hate on him all you want but theres no denying it.

To me, this fight was a passing of the torch. Alot of people said that was the case when Rampage knocked Chuck out, but I think Shoguns the future of the division and will be the man to take chucks crown as the greatest UFC LHW champ.

I love both guys, they are my number 1 and 2 in the division, so even though im pretty depressed about Chucks loss, im happy to see Shogun finally gaining some respect from all his haters. Thats his second K.O win without stomps so hopefully people will cut the "shoguns main weapons are stomps" ****, becouse its ridiculous. His biggest weapons are his crafty JJ, powerfull hands and some of the best low kicks in the game.

Last edited 4/19/09 2:32PM server time by aaronno9
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   4/19/09 2:30:10PM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Chuck is a legend in the sport, and you can hate on him all you want but theres no denying it.

To me, this fight was a passing of the torch. Alot of people said that was the case when Rampage knocked Chuck out, but I think Shoguns the future of the division and will be the man to take chucks crown as the greatest UFC LHW champ.

I love both guys, they are my number 1 and 2 in the division, so even though im pretty depressed about Chucks loss, im happy to see Shogun finally gaining some respect from all his haters. Thats his second K.O win without stomps so hopefully people will cut the "shoguns main weapons are stomps" ****, becouse its ridiculous. His biggest weapons are his crafty JJ, powerfull hands and some of the best low kicks in the game.

COMPLETLEY AGREE

Post #20   4/19/09 2:47:06PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Chuck was and forever will be the face of MMA in my opinion. He has sold more PPV's, KO'd true greats of the sport and left a bigger impression on the general public than anyone else in MMA has or ever will.
The UFC and MMA owes a hell of a lot to Chuck and I hope they recognize just how important he is/was.
His style of fighting and personality were exactly what MMA and the UFC needed at exactly the right time to propel it to where it is today! I seriously doubt you could have had MMA in the position it was back then and use a champ or contender of today to rocket it to where it is now.
Chuck is a legend and I'v no doubt a future hall of famer!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #21   4/19/09 5:04:39PM   

Blizzard

MMA Regular

Blizzard Avatar

Career:1,285-886
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

We all love Chuck and it is sad to see him go out like this but he has had an incredible career and made a shitload of cash along the way!

Time for him to hang em up and leave the sport with some dignity!

Don't feel too bad for the guy, he is a freaking multi-millionaire who gets to retire in his 30's!

100%

Post #22   4/20/09 4:31:05PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,507-780
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Chuck was and forever will be the face of MMA in my opinion. He has sold more PPV's, KO'd true greats of the sport and left a bigger impression on the general public than anyone else in MMA has or ever will.
The UFC and MMA owes a hell of a lot to Chuck and I hope they recognize just how important he is/was.
His style of fighting and personality were exactly what MMA and the UFC needed at exactly the right time to propel it to where it is today! I seriously doubt you could have had MMA in the position it was back then and use a champ or contender of today to rocket it to where it is now.
Chuck is a legend and I'v no doubt a future hall of famer!

actually tito sold more PPV's apparently
link

Post #23   4/20/09 5:06:19PM   

FedortoAll

Learning to Sprawl

Career:879-453
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:
Hard to believe it's the end of an era, thanks for the memories Iceman!

Post #24   4/21/09 5:34:20PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2