Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 97 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

Print  
  Page 19 of 19   <<   16     17     18     19  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:2,212-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Man, you all are gonna make me enjoy it so much if Nogun does lose. All this nuthugging is bordering on over(u)ated.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #271   4/19/09 4:24:13AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Man, you all are gonna make me enjoy it so much if Nogun does lose. All this nuthugging is bordering on over(u)ated.

Nogun huh? I was getting sick of you saying that, now it makes it that much sweeter.

Last edited 4/19/09 4:55AM server time by EvenFlow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #272   4/19/09 4:32:01AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,130-2,217
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by DCRage

Nogun huh? I was getting sick of you saying that, now it makes it that much sweeter.

that it does..that it does

Post #273   4/19/09 6:55:11AM   

Franklinfan47

Bow Down

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:3,077-1,712
Chips:
I bombed on this one. On the fights, I went 6-6, but every fight I got right I had the ending wrong so I only ended up with like 30 points. Hit 2/3 of my parlay with Bocek and Cane, but Chonan didn't come through, which is funny because he was the one i felt safest about.

Was pleasantly surprised Grant and Stout were able to pull the close decisions out, just wish I had faith and picked them because I had Wiman and Chonan taking the decision. Wiman vs Stout was an awesome fight.

Was disapointed Loiseau lost, thought for sure we were gonna see a new and improved crow this time around, but once again, Herman took the decision instead. Good win for Herman though. Ditto for Vinny vs Marshall, feel stupid picking vinny to take the decision now, just once it would be great if he wasnt a choke artist

Was surprised to see J-mac go down like he did, I think he's been exposed on the feet and unless he adapts he may get dropped by the ufc. I thought for sure he was going to get Quarry down and work his game.

Was also very sad to see Liddell go down. I thought for sure we were finally going to see the old chuck liddell this fight but he just doesnt seem to have it anymore. Good win for Shogun, be interesting to see who he fights next. I think liddell is finished.

Glad to see Sozynski, Cane, Bocek, Kongo, Kang and silva all get wins. Can't wait to see all back in the octagon, Cane vs Cantwell was a war.

Overall, I enjoyed the fights last night, except for the main event obviously. Was disapointed by both fighters. Leites was scared I think. Going for takedowns is one thing, but just falling to his back everytime silva came forward was ridiculous. Plus, Silva looked very tentative. I thought it was hilarious hearing the GSP and bullshit chants during the fight, as well as Silvas kicks and punches to the feet made me laugh as well. Overall though, a disapointing main event.

Bring on ufc 98!

Post #274   4/19/09 11:14:47AM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:
Went 7-5, hit me parley, so I guess on the playground stats I did decent, but I was not impressed with the main event.

Post #275   4/19/09 5:28:47PM   

Page 19 of 19   <<   16     17     18     19