Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

World Combat League

Print  
Posted By Message

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
Congratulations to The Jesse Finney coached Houston Enforcers on becoming the inaugural champions of Chuck Norris'World Combat League . We look forward to next season.

Post #1   1/24/07 4:21:15AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Thanks for posting this, I had a look on the website and it's pretty cool, not entirely my thing but cool all the same. Never heard of it before, but I will be looking out for it in the future.

Post #2   1/24/07 2:14:55PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Wached it on VS channel and was dissapointed. It's NOT MMA. It's kickboxing with big gloves and footpads. On the plus side they penalize people for stalling, holding, running and anything remotely desinged to slow down the fight. Also, the fights are all just 3 minutes so people throw down. Pete Spratt looked dominant, I think he's found his calling. All in all to tame for me though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   1/27/07 3:16:11AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
couldn't agree any more. It almost looked like brawling with kicks. Pete Spratt was like the only fighter who showed any display of good stand up. They push the pace at a high pace where it almost seems a fighter can't set up kicks or punches, because if they stall for a second a point is deducted. And it's not mma.

Post #4   1/28/07 2:17:40PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
3 min Kickboxing you say? these guys must throw down like mad. Any idea what channel this might come on in Canada?

Post #5   2/6/07 9:27:30AM   

Thalzaar

Learning to Sprawl

Thalzaar Avatar

Career:1,231-735
Camp: Mack Mafia Hitsquad
Chips:
I watched some of this a couple weeks ago. It was pretty entertaining, but I wasn't sure on the rules or how the organization worked at all. It's basically high paced kickboxing as mentioned earlier. They have a circle in the floor with a slight ramp around it that is the "out of bounds" and if the fighters step on it, they have to stop and go to the center and restart.

It was pretty high paced action and was quality entertainment. I caught it on the VS channel as well, but keep forgetting to check when it is on again. I think Guy Mezger was a coach for a Houston? team and I saw a couple folks from MMA background on there, like Pete Spratt.

Post #6   2/6/07 1:12:21PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,805-1,103
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Crafton Wallace is on there too; I think the Pete Spratt ones are older as he's back in the UFC after the reality show and has a fight coming up.

Post #7   2/6/07 7:16:04PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
This is somewhat of a breakdown of the rules. It is a Kickboxing insprired type of event, I just thought fans of combat sports (not just MMA) might find it entertaining.

WHAT FIGHTING TECHNIQUES ARE ALLOWED?

• Punching - jab, cross, hook, uppercut, and spinning backfist
• Kicking - Front-Kicks, Roundhouse Kicks, Side Kicks, Back Kicks, Hook Kicks, Wheel Kicks, Hook Kicks, Spinning Kicks
• Kneeing -Front and Roundhouse

WHAT FIGHTING TECHNIQUES ARE NOT ALLOWED?

• No Throws
• No Takedowns
• No Ground Fighting

WHAT ACTIONS WILL BE PENALIZED?

• No Clinching- Intentionally tying-up the opponent's arms in an effort to stop them from punching.
• No Holding- Grabbing the opponent's body in an effort to stop them from attacking or countering.
• No Stalling- Intentionally delaying the action of a contest in any way.
• No Passivity- Retreating or circling without striking - or fighting only when the opponent attacks.

Jesse Finney is the coach of the Houston Enforcers and I believe Guy Mezger is a coach for the Dallas Dragons, but I can't guarantee that.

Post #8   2/6/07 10:54:21PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I remember reading about it in Blackbetl a while back. Looks as entertaining as K1. I kind of like the no stall idea. Takes away the chance to get bored watching.

What I would like to see is someone televise a Shidokan tournament. Those look fun.

Post #9   2/7/07 2:18:10AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
having all those kicks sounds good. Not restricted like kickboxing. i cant wait to see it.

Post #10   2/7/07 1:30:13PM