Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How Do You Say "No Respect" In Portugese?

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
If you know how, please tell Josh Barnett. The top-ranked MMA Heavyweight, who is also the cornerman of Japanese female fighter Hitomi Akano, feels the victory by Cristiane Santos over Akano at SF's 4/11 event was "hollow" and that Santos deserves "no respect" and no praise.

Article

Post #1   4/16/09 6:41:02PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,499-886
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I agree that the weight-cutting fiasco was horrible, Cyborg should be ashamed.

Post #2   4/16/09 7:02:11PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

I agree that the weight-cutting fiasco was horrible, Cyborg should be ashamed.

I agree, but also i give props to Akano for still taking the fight with a much bigger and stronger Cyborg.....

Post #3   4/16/09 7:08:41PM   

The_Ho_Bag

MMA Sensei

The_Ho_Bag Avatar

Career:661-454
Chips:
barney has been on a role lately huh ? =)

Post #4   4/16/09 7:37:19PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Barnett says it the way it is. I think a lot of fans will agree with him here.

Post #5   4/16/09 7:39:40PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:
Cyborg apologized a couple of times for not making the weight, and Barnett was definitely there to hear it.
In addition, what about a guy cought on roids talking about respecting the sport and opponent??? That's ridiculous...

I also cannot remember someone calling Gina not making weight a "faisco" by the way..

Post #6   4/16/09 7:57:57PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:

Posted by XblacksheepX

Cyborg apologized a couple of times for not making the weight, and Barnett was definitely there to hear it.
In addition, what about a guy cought on roids talking about respecting the sport and opponent??? That's ridiculous...

I also cannot remember someone calling Gina not making weight a "faisco" by the way..

I agree with you on the barnett thing... calling randy a paper champion when he was the one who got busted for roids, ripping into florian because florian said that he should've been able to finish Yvel having spent the majority of the fight in mount.... I do find myself agreeing with a lot of the comments Barnett makes, but he's made his fair share of mistakes and has said some pretty bone headed things. He doesn't have the same kind of class as a gsp or fedor so you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

And did gina actually miss weight yet? She's obviously had some serious problems each time because she's competing in a class in which she doesn't belong, but has she actually missed it yet?

Post #7   4/16/09 8:40:11PM   

im2fast4u1981

MMA Regular

im2fast4u1981 Avatar

Career:254-142
Camp: Team Xtrem Mma
Chips:
Gina never missed weight that badly....That was sad.....if u are a pro u have a job 2 do....u either make weight or u need 2 move ur ass up a division....it makes me so mad when people miss weight.......paulo in the title fight...lutter when he fought the spider...that **** is sad.. as far as barnett goes i understand his comments on this one....some times he dont make any damn sense...but as far as im concerned the dude is an elite HW has been for years...

Post #8   4/16/09 10:21:48PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,139-1,322
Chips:

Posted by im2fast4u1981

Gina never missed weight that badly....That was sad.....if u are a pro u have a job 2 do....u either make weight or u need 2 move ur ass up a division....it makes me so mad when people miss weight.......paulo in the title fight...lutter when he fought the spider...that **** is sad.. as far as barnett goes i understand his comments on this one....some times he dont make any damn sense...but as far as im concerned the dude is an elite HW has been for years...

Missing weight is missing weight, and it doesn't matter how much. But, when Gina misses weight everybody is like no big deal, just because she is Gina. I don't give a flying cheeseburger about Gina. Because, Gina is a pro just like everybody else. Man or woman, make weight.

Last edited 4/16/09 11:50PM server time by backalley101
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   4/16/09 11:48:03PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
Missing weight sucks, but it happens...Pure and simple, how I see it...

My Issue is Josh Barnett. First he attacks 155 lb Kenny florian because of his analysis, now he's Attacking Cyborg for not making weight. Didn't hear him crying when Gina didn't make weight (twice)...Plus, it's real easy for barnett to comment on that, considering he's a heavyweight and NEVER has to cut.

Personally, I stopped taking what he says seriously when he called Randy Couture a "paper Champion" After he beat Gonzaga because "Barnett never lost the title" without mentioning that he had the belt stripped because he was on roids when he beat Randy, so he went to fight in Japan where they don't test for roids.

I respect Barnett as a fighter, but he's getting more headlines for verbally attacking Lightweights and Women these days. Kinda sad, really

Post #10   4/17/09 12:33:04AM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:
Well, it was kinda the same thing. Gina missed with 4.5 pounds over, Cyborg with 5.5 pounds. But Cyborg is not the everybody's darling postergirl, in the end that's the difference.

Post #11   4/17/09 11:43:33AM