Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brown Belt

Print  
Posted By Message

artofdefense

MMA Regular

Career:129-105
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
I recieved my brown belt in Walt Bayless Free Style Jiu-Jitsu last night. It was awarded to me by Justin Ellison.

I haven't been posting regularly lately, but I am back on the playground full time guys! Any questions about No-Gi Grappling just post and I will be around most days to answer. Never used a gi so don't ask!

Post #1   4/16/09 10:40:53AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Congrats!

Post #2   4/16/09 10:42:18AM   

burialchamber

Standup Guy

burialchamber Avatar

Career:287-139
Chips:
Right on!

Post #3   4/16/09 10:55:48AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Great job! One question, though- if you've never used a gi, what point is there in awarding belts?

Post #4   4/17/09 12:22:03AM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Great job! One question, though- if you've never used a gi, what point is there in awarding belts?

You don't have fight shorts with loopholes for your belts? :P

Post #5   4/17/09 1:35:22AM   

artofdefense

MMA Regular

Career:129-105
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
Hello All,

I don't post here anymore, but I forgot about this until it was recently brought back to my attention.

Previous to this I had always presented myself as a blue belt, and as most I'm sure know, it takes YEARS to go from blue to brown, not the couple months I posted here. This was intended as a joke/troll post to rile up the folks who'd recognize that.

So for my previous immaturity, I apologize to y'all.

For this even being an issue, I apologize to Pat and Justin, who I hear are pretty steamed at me

So to clarify, I never intended this to be taken seriously, but it was by someone, so I wanted to adress this. My name is Travis, I'm currently a blue belt working diligently towards their purple, and I really hope Ellison doesn't kick my ass over a lame joke/troll job.

Please proceed to flame me, as I heartily deserve it.

Post #6   4/14/10 3:54:27PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by artofdefense

Hello All,

I don't post here anymore, but I forgot about this until it was recently brought back to my attention.

Previous to this I had always presented myself as a blue belt, and as most I'm sure know, it takes YEARS to go from blue to brown, not the couple months I posted here. This was intended as a joke/troll post to rile up the folks who'd recognize that.

So for my previous immaturity, I apologize to y'all.

For this even being an issue, I apologize to Pat and Justin, who I hear are pretty steamed at me

So to clarify, I never intended this to be taken seriously, but it was by someone, so I wanted to adress this. My name is Travis, I'm currently a blue belt working diligently towards their purple, and I really hope Ellison doesn't kick my ass over a lame joke/troll job.

Please proceed to flame me, as I heartily deserve it.

i dont get it why did you say you recieved your brown belt?

Post #7   4/20/10 9:43:12AM