Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bully Beatdown Fake

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SPARX

Learning to Sprawl

SPARX Avatar

Career:458-294
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
http://www.mmatko.com/bully-beatdown-using-pro-stuntmen-to-act-part-of-bully/

Post #1   4/16/09 2:24:10AM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,598-1,057
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
It was kind of obvious but I wasn't sure. I think the kick that the guy takes in episode #1 looked quite real though and painful.

Post #2   4/16/09 3:56:26AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
WHAT?! Something on TV (especially MTV) wasn't real?!

C'mon if you couldn't figure out in the first three minutes of episode one that the show is a complete work, then you and I need to talk real estate cause I've got some great land to sell.

Post #3   4/16/09 10:41:01AM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

WHAT?! Something on TV (especially MTV) wasn't real?!

C'mon if you couldn't figure out in the first three minutes of episode one that the show is a complete work, then you and I need to talk real estate cause I've got some great land to sell.

Seriously. Anything that comes from MTV has been scripted, rehearsed, and re filmed until MTV thinks its perfect...which ironically is what makes it look so fake to real people.

Post #4   4/16/09 1:02:58PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,656-890
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
that sucks... still entertaining to see people get owned, but now that theyre not real bullies its like wtf? lol

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #5   4/16/09 1:03:25PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I definitely had my suspicions. Especially as soon as Jake Shields stepped in there with someone. I'm like "Man, why would they have a dude who's never fought professionally fight JAKE SHIELDS?" I always just assumed that the stories were based on reality, but that the whole thing was drawn up long before it happened. I mean, really... it just so happens that Mayhem is training with the camera crew watching his moves right when the guy walks into the gym?

Holes, yes, a lot of them, but shamefully I admit I didn't think the hoax was as deep as it is. Mayhem has lost so much of my respect the last year and a half its not even funny.

Post #6   4/16/09 5:42:14PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
that makes me lose respect for the fighters taking part in the show as well.

Post #7   4/16/09 5:50:11PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I definitely had my suspicions. Especially as soon as Jake Shields stepped in there with someone. I'm like "Man, why would they have a dude who's never fought professionally fight JAKE SHIELDS?" I always just assumed that the stories were based on reality, but that the whole thing was drawn up long before it happened. I mean, really... it just so happens that Mayhem is training with the camera crew watching his moves right when the guy walks into the gym?

Holes, yes, a lot of them, but shamefully I admit I didn't think the hoax was as deep as it is. Mayhem has lost so much of my respect the last year and a half its not even funny.

Not to mention Jake only subs him 3 times!

Post #8   4/16/09 6:28:18PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I'm actually a bit suprised by this. The part where they meet the bully was a bit over-done, but I figured they just warned the bully that they were showing up so he could come up with some one liners, but I thought the rest was legit. Especially the first episode when Tony calls the bully "fat boy" and he looks legitimately scared. Kind of ruins the show for me now, because all it is now is a terribly lop-sided MMA fight with no reason behind it.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #9   4/17/09 3:21:38AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I was kind of sucked in too.

I always thought the show was extra extra scripted and a bit false, but not to the extent of the bullys being professional actors/stuntmen

Post #10   4/17/09 5:33:16PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:
From Mayhem himself on The Underground:

''I have a confession to make. Bully Beatdown is completely fake. Everyone on it is actors. Everyone involved with the show knows that it is fake and we script pretty much everything that comes out of their mouth. I have not yet got an executive producer credit, or a writer's credit- but I write the bully's dialouge myself. I will be E.P. on season two. That's right, our scripted fake show is suppossedly doing so well done that we will be getting a season two. Makes my stomach hurt that I'm selling this slop. I'm sorry. The fights are the most complicated portion of the show. The real trick is, hiring stuntmen that are so skilled that they can make it look like we are putting them in 16 oz gloves, headgear and convincingly get beat up by mixed martial artists. We looked high and low, but we found them, and made the show really convincing. Unfortunately, the people on the internet are much too bright to be fooled by this trickery, and have exposed us. This doesn't really affect us too much, because no one cares what a few back alley websites say about our hit MTV show, but I couldn't bear to read the forum with all this shame that I'm carrying around. I'm actually considering turning down the contract to host the next season because of the ridicule that I'm recieving on this board and others. Again. I'm sorry interwebz. I apologize, sincerely.''

LINK

Post #11   4/17/09 6:16:45PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Mayhem, please quit the nonsense and get back to fighting.

Post #12   4/19/09 10:07:50AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Wow, that's probably the most sober and serious I've ever seen Mayhem write. Props to him for admitting what is.

Not really sure what to say after that besides that he's renewed some of my faith in him

Post #13   4/19/09 12:00:02PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Wow, that's probably the most sober and serious I've ever seen Mayhem write. Props to him for admitting what is.

Not really sure what to say after that besides that he's renewed some of my faith in him

And he beat Kala Hose inside the 1st round last night.

Post #14   4/19/09 2:08:28PM   

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:2,721-1,436
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I'm actually a bit suprised by this. The part where they meet the bully was a bit over-done, but I figured they just warned the bully that they were showing up so he could come up with some one liners, but I thought the rest was legit. Especially the first episode when Tony calls the bully "fat boy" and he looks legitimately scared. Kind of ruins the show for me now, because all it is now is a terribly lop-sided MMA fight with no reason behind it.

Thats what I thought as well, I'm pretty sure that those fat boys are getting thier ass kicked by the fighters in some of the scenes. I'm sure that most the fighters are just half-assin' anyway. I also believe WWE is real.

Post #15   4/22/09 11:12:08AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2