Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman official for UFC 100, slated for prelims

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
The fight, which was first reported as a possibility by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) in March, is slated for the night's preliminary card, meaning a currently unannounced bout between Jon Fitch and Paulo Thiago will likely take the night's final main-card slot.

link

Post #1   4/14/09 6:01:01PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
War Bonnar. Hopefully he can pull of a win here.

Post #2   4/14/09 7:54:55PM   

xxdeadpoolxx

MMA Regular

xxdeadpoolxx Avatar

Career:890-595
Camp: Rocky Mountain Wrecking Crew
Chips:
should be bumped up to the main card. Fitch fight is gonna look exactly like his fight with Ghonon andf just as exciting

Post #3   4/14/09 8:38:41PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Uhhhhhh,hold on a second here.We're going to bump a fight between one of the pioneers of the sport and one of the men who made MMA a household name,for a fight between a former title contender and a guy that's 1-0 in the organization that no one knows about and what on paper adds up to be a boring match up???

I somehow doubt this.Considering Dana's general hatred of AKA and his recent beef with Fitch,he isn't going to let him have a spot on the main card of their biggest event ever,espically considering the opponent.It's going to be a snooze fest.Coleman vs. Bonnar actualy means something in terms of historical value,and it belongs on the main card.

Oh well,I guess they are planning on Lesnar-Mir not making it past a buck fifty,and it will get on the broadcast anyway.

WB.

Post #4   4/14/09 8:56:38PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
I was thinking this fight should kick-off the PPV. I have a feeling its gonna be an entertaining battle. Bonnar is gonna piss pump Coleman's eyes shut for about a round and a half and then a big stoppage......Bonner's a pretty big agile dude I can't see Coleman getting in where he can take him down and then control him. I see Coleman having no choice but standing in there and getting lit up. Which will make a good tilt.

Post #5   4/14/09 9:02:13PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
bonnar and coleman are both coming off losses where they fought like ****, this should definitely be an undercard fight

Post #6   4/14/09 9:05:33PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb here and not only say that coleman/Bonnar on the undercard is a good move, but I think Fitch and Thiago should stay on the Undercard too.

I think The possibility on a as-of-yet unannounced fight could be added to REALLY top thins thing off, and it wouldn't surprize me if it included someone from this weekend's UFC 97, such as Silva, Liddell or Rua

Post #7   4/15/09 12:10:14AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Uhhhhhh,hold on a second here.We're going to bump a fight between one of the pioneers of the sport and one of the men who made MMA a household name,for a fight between a former title contender and a guy that's 1-0 in the organization that no one knows about and what on paper adds up to be a boring match up???

I somehow doubt this.Considering Dana's general hatred of AKA and his recent beef with Fitch,he isn't going to let him have a spot on the main card of their biggest event ever,espically considering the opponent.It's going to be a snooze fest.Coleman vs. Bonnar actualy means something in terms of historical value,and it belongs on the main card.

Oh well,I guess they are planning on Lesnar-Mir not making it past a buck fifty,and it will get on the broadcast anyway.

WB.

Mark coleman looked horrendous in his last fight we r moving a fight between a former title contender and a guy who was the first man to knockout josh koscheck and is UNDEFEATED STILL. bonnar and coleman doesnt even make sense to me really, we all know coleman is done, i understand what u mean that to have coleman the pioneer is important, if u had em fight a guy like royce or dan severn that would be a worthwhile fight cuz ur talkin bout the symbolism and to have that at ufc 100 is a big deal. bonnar is at a cross roads and coleman is at the end...

\i also dont expect that fight to stay on the main card as mentioned earlier i think they will try and add one more superfight.

Post #8   4/15/09 5:09:20AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I vote to bump this fight to the next UFN. Unless Coleman can pull off some kind of crazy ankle lock from his wheelchair, I see him getting absolutely crushed by Bonnar.

I have no desire to see this fight. Period.

Post #9   4/15/09 8:53:26AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,003-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I can't complain about this fight being on the undercard. I have no intrest in seeing Coleman fight after his fight with Shogun. Bonnar doesn't deserve a spot on the main card either until he shows he totally back from his injury.

As for the fight though. I see Bonnar winning it easily.

Post #10   4/15/09 9:16:35AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
The reason why this fight should be on the main card is not because it has title implications, not because it promises to be a barn burner and not because either fighter is owed main card status, but because of the significance of the matchup. I honestly think that of all the fights on the card, this would be the best to start the night off with. You have the first heavy weight champ of the sport versus one half of the most significant fight in ufc history. We all know that coleman is a serious underdog and that this will probably be his last fight in the ufc but who wins or loses this fight has nothing to do with its need to be main card status. With it being ufc 100, there should be a fight with historic or nostalgic value kicking things off. I'd probably rather see griffin vs bonnar 3, or a couple of old farts like bas, coleman, severn, etc go at it... this is what we go so i'd say leave it.

On a side note, i shouldn't really care... cause i'll be there =D

Post #11   4/15/09 12:29:13PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
no big news here
i can't wait to goo to vegas
should be best fight night ever

Post #12   4/15/09 10:57:32PM