Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dodging bullets and prison visits keep Houston Alexander focused for UFC 98

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
After opening his UFC career with two first-round TKO wins, Alexander has now dropped three-straight contests. But despite the struggles, "The Assassin" recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he's not worried about losing his place in the UFC.

"I'm not feeling any pressure at all," Alexander said. "When you have children, the only pressure you feel is taking care of your kids. As far as the world, or pleasing anybody else, I don't feel any pressure from that."

It's not that Alexander isn't working to turn his situation around. In fact, the Nebraska native is focused on doing exactly that when he daces Andre Gusmao (5-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 98 in May.

"I've kind of stepped up a little bit," Alexander said. "We've been going to different camps and dealing with different bodies and different individuals. It's been working out really good."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   4/13/09 3:44:51PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'll always root for Houston, but I've vowed to never pick him again.

Post #2   4/13/09 4:03:26PM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

AGREED, 100%. I always have liked Houston but man it shocked me when he lost all those fight in a row! I thought he was gonna be the next big thing there for a while.

Post #3   4/13/09 4:17:39PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I really ike the man. He is very classy outside of the octagon, despite being an animal inside. He needs a ground game. I think he should be able to dispatch Gusmao early.

Post #4   4/13/09 5:06:47PM   

im2fast4u1981

MMA Regular

im2fast4u1981 Avatar

Career:254-142
Camp: Team Xtrem Mma
Chips:
Houston is a hell of a guy. i meet him at ufc 68 in columbus ohio..but his ground skills are sad...i hope he has found some help....ill cheer 4 him but i wont expect him 2 win...

Post #5   4/13/09 9:36:19PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Amen-the guy is as nice as they come and the salt of the earth,but that doesn't make you a great fighter.Most likely he will get taken down and submitted in the first round by Gusmao,and that's what I'm picking.But I'm rooting for Houston and I hope he knocks Gusmao's head off via Nebraskan violence in the first minute of the fight.

WB.

Post #6   4/14/09 4:21:33AM