Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

DREAM 9: Kids, Champs, Superdreadnoughts?

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
If DREAM 9 isn't going to be the MMA card with a bit of everything, I don't know what will be. I came across an item on Cage Potato outlining what's in the works for DREAM 9: So far we've got "Kid" Yamamoto, DREAM MW Champ Gegard Mousasi in a LHW NON-TITLE fight, and now "Superdreadnought" fights. This quote comes from the Nightmare Of Battle blog:

DREAM EP Sasahara said that besides the GP fights, four "superdreadnought" fights and two normal fights will take place at DREAM.9. Superdreadnought is some kind of battleship. He said that even people who haven’t watched MMA before can enjoy themselves.

Looked it up but it redirects to "Dreadnought". My best guess is Super Heavyweight. Or more speficially...

Post #1   4/10/09 11:17:03AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Within five years of the commissioning of Dreadnought, a new generation of more powerful "super-dreadnoughts" were being built. The arrival of the super-dreadnought is commonly held to start with the British Orion class. What made them 'super' was the unprecedented 2,000-ton jump in displacement, the introduction of the heavier 13.5-inch (343 mm) gun, and the placement of all the main armament on the centerline. In the four years between Dreadnought and Orion, displacement had increased by 25%, and weight of broadside had doubled.

In this case it seems it will be about the big boys lol.

Post #2   4/10/09 2:59:16PM   

Willyum

Learning to Sprawl

Willyum Avatar

Career:699-560
Camp: UnShadowsSwitchDying
Chips:
i love dream kawajiri vs jz is sick and gregard is the **** and will sub soku in the first

Post #3   4/14/09 2:46:27AM