Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MARCELO GARCIA TO MAKE MMA DEBUT IN MAY

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,361-1,555
Chips:
taken from here

looks like BJJ whiz and ADCC champ/vet marcelo garcia is making the transition into MMA also.. it is his opponent's debut also, so i dont know anything about him as of right now.. but either way.. MARCELO IN MMA..

you all may not share my excitement, but thats fine.. i dont expect you all to know who he is

GFC: Evolution - May 19th - Jerome Schottenstein Center, Columbus OH

GFC Evolution Fight Card:
Jeff Monson vs. Wes Sims
Marcelo Garcia vs. Marcus Avellan
Chris Brennan vs. Adam Disabato
Dorian Price vs. Phil Cardella
Vinicius Magalhaes vs. George Bush
Ronaldo Souza vs. TBA
Thomas Denny vs. TBA
Daniel Moraes vs. TBA
Nissen Osterneck vs. TBA

Post #1   3/29/07 8:06:06AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Yea I just read that on sherdog and I'm stoked for sure. He's pretty much the best P4P grappler out there.

I just hope he doesn't start to pull guard and shit . Would be cool to see one of his awesome arm drag transitions to the back in MMA.

I predict a first round win for Marcelo by RNC.

Post #2   3/29/07 8:42:39AM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Marcus Avellan trains with the FFA. They produce some top level MMA fighters, Marcello is definitely not going for some chump in his debut.

Have you seen Masakazu Imanari's sliding leg locks? Pulling guard isn't always a bad idea.

Post #3   3/30/07 3:38:25PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,361-1,555
Chips:

Posted by migo

Marcus Avellan trains with the FFA. They produce some top level MMA fighters, Marcello is definitely not going for some chump in his debut.

Have you seen Masakazu Imanari's sliding leg locks? Pulling guard isn't always a bad idea.

thanks for the info, i had no idea where this guy was from or anything..
but after checking out his credentials.. all i can say.. is wow..
this could turn out to be one hell of a match.. im definately looking forward to it even more now

Post #4   4/2/07 12:35:20PM