Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mino and Stallone together?

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The news broke today in the ‘O Globo,’ newspaper that Sylvester Stallone will be inviting Rodrigo Minotauro to participate in a moving being shot in Rio de Janeiro.

As discerned by GRACIEMAG.com, contact was made through Rodrigo’s adviser, Fernando Flores.

Mino, who is in Miami, arrives in Rio tomorrow, when he may meet with the star of “Rambo” and “Rocky.” Stallone’s team also expressed interest in meeting other well-known fighters, like Lyoto Machida and Rogerio Minotouro.

Actor, producer, director and screenplay writer of “The Mercenaries,” Stallone, 62, has already called upon Randy Couture for the full-length action movie, as reported by GRACIEMAG.com last December 18th. Yesterday, at a press conference in Rio, the Hollywood star said he is an MMA fan and spoke about the city.

He justified his choice in having Randy Couture, 45, in the film. Couture has already appeared in “Redbelt,” the 2008 movie by David Mamet.

“Couture will participate in this movie because he looks like a gladiator,” said Stallone. “I like fights and even know some Brazilian fighters; who knows maybe some of them will be in the film.”

“I came to shoot in Rio because the script called for a tropical setting and I found the city ideal for it. The movie shows mercenaries for a cause, and doesn’t intend to harm Rio’s image,” stated the debuting director. Although Stallone tend to surprise, the story of “The Expendables,” with Forest Whitaker, Gisele Itie and a large cast, isn’t too original at the outset: it is the story of a group trying to overthrow a Latin American dictator.

Link

Post #1   4/6/09 11:52:16PM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:
Please stop taking our fighters. I'm all for anyone who can make good money doing something. But come on I'm just getting sick of " I won't be able to fight cause I'm shooting a movie next year " Since when did that become the priority of big name fighters $$$

Post #2   4/7/09 8:00:22AM   

FantasyFighter

MMA Regular

FantasyFighter Avatar

Career:238-145
Camp: MMA Legends
Chips:

Posted by theguido

Please stop taking our fighters. I'm all for anyone who can make good money doing something. But come on I'm just getting sick of " I won't be able to fight cause I'm shooting a movie next year " Since when did that become the priority of big name fighters $$$

Since they started giving them big name $$$ to do it...

Last edited 4/7/09 10:20AM server time by FantasyFighter
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   4/7/09 10:19:29AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Yet ppl complain when mma movies get made w/ actors who don't know how to carry on a choreographed mma fight.... it is what it is and that's it. Athletes will always be lured by acting. It's bigger money for work that doesn't take such a toll on your body and if you're good it offers you something to go into after fighting. Can't blame them for it. Tho, of course, I'd rather jsut see them fight.

Post #4   4/7/09 11:19:31AM