Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Takeya Mizugaki on Miguel Torres fight: Judges' decision was fair

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Despite the loss, the 25-year-old Shooto veteran remains a top contender in the WEC's quickly crowding bantamweight division. With a multi-fight deal in place and some much-earned respect among WEC officials and fans, Mizugaki will remain in the division's title picture.

link

Post #1   4/6/09 2:58:07PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
That was an awesome fight props to him for taking it the distance and giving
torres a run for his money......Torres took some hard shots and just kept coming the man reminds me of Fedor he is like a machine......

WAR TORRES!!!!!!!

Post #2   4/6/09 3:11:28PM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,259-823
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
awesome fight made my sunday, and the Curran Benividez fight was great to

Post #3   4/6/09 3:43:34PM   

SPARX

Learning to Sprawl

SPARX Avatar

Career:458-294
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
it was a great fight, but i didn't appreciate mirr's bias towards torres, although torres did prove to be the better fighter.

Post #4   4/6/09 4:07:06PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
Definitely an awesome fight. Great back forth action. Torres definitely had his hands full last night.

Post #5   4/6/09 4:29:32PM   

team_demon_fighter

MMA Regular

team_demon_fighter Avatar

Career:751-523
Camp: Team Nightmarez
Chips:

Posted by SPARX

it was a great fight, but i didn't appreciate mirr's bias towards torres, although torres did prove to be the better fighter.

Post #6   4/6/09 6:40:28PM   

cloppio

treadin troden trails

cloppio Avatar

Career:506-363
Chips:

Posted by SPARX

dude, no doubt! i like mir, like torres, i have tons of respect for all fighters, but my god!

Mir has hands down, the biggest man crush i've ever seen on Torres.

Post #7   4/6/09 7:18:59PM   

TJ_Husker

Learning to Sprawl

TJ_Husker Avatar

Career:605-347
Chips:

Posted by SPARX

Yeah, if you just listened to the commentary without watchining the fight you would think Torres dominated the whole fight. If you watch it on mute it is a very close fight.

Post #8   4/6/09 8:05:15PM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:

Posted by SPARX

Yeah Mizugaki totally deserved more credit than Mir was giving him I mean come on he took everything Torres had and kept coming this guy is one to keep an eye on I feel we will be seeing ths fight again sometime soon

Post #9   4/7/09 9:17:38AM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
IMO it was an awesome fight. Torres had more tools so he could do more. Takeya didn't know how to close the distance and Torres has a very good jab. Still, I thought the fight could have been a split decision for either guy although I would have still felt Torres won by just a little bit. Takeya brought it to him though! Great fight.

I think it goes to show that there are a lot of great small fighters out there---especially in Japan that will bring excitement either in Japan or in the WEC. I'm so glad that they are showcasing these great fighters and fights. I'm a heavyweight and I love power but man you got to love these little guys. Such skill, heart, and ability.

I'd love to see a rematch between these guys--I can't imagine how it could be a bad fight. I honestly don't think that Takeya has ever seen a bad fight after watching him Sunday....

Post #10   4/7/09 10:27:35AM