Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Capoeira MMA Knockout

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
One of the best knockouts I've seen in a long time. Capoeira in MMA? Awesome!

link

Post #1   4/6/09 1:22:27PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:
I will say that it was a sick knockout and capoeria is an awesome martial art to watch but I don't think that would work more than a couple times for a fighter in mma.

Post #2   4/6/09 1:28:25PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,054-1,311
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Nice knockout!

Though I don't think the guys opponent was even close to being ready for a fight like that.

I will admit though, that for some time now I've been contemplating how the future of MMA might evolve and I have a theory.
Now I'm willing to admit this theory is somewhat pushing the boundry,but I think it's possible.

MMA as an animal is pretty much complete on what we currently have to work with.
I mean you thrown in some BJJ, Muay Thai,Boxing, wrestling, some Judo,Sambo,etc.

These are proven Martial Art disicplines that work effectivley, one on one combat within a structure of rules.
But as were fighters have fined tuned these art within MMA, I think we might see a new wave of fighters that will adapt other martial arts into an MMA system.
Will we see a day when capoeria,Aikido,TKD, etc will be effectively intergrated into MMA?

I'm not saying by no means that it will happen, but what is the possiblity that it might happen?

Post #3   4/6/09 3:00:04PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Nice knockout!

Though I don't think the guys opponent was even close to being ready for a fight like that.

I will admit though, that for some time now I've been contemplating how the future of MMA might evolve and I have a theory.
Now I'm willing to admit this theory is somewhat pushing the boundry,but I think it's possible.

MMA as an animal is pretty much complete on what we currently have to work with.
I mean you thrown in some BJJ, Muay Thai,Boxing, wrestling, some Judo,Sambo,etc.

These are proven Martial Art disicplines that work effectivley, one on one combat within a structure of rules.
But as were fighters have fined tuned these art within MMA, I think we might see a new wave of fighters that will adapt other martial arts into an MMA system.
Will we see a day when capoeria,Aikido,TKD, etc will be effectively intergrated into MMA?

I'm not saying by no means that it will happen, but what is the possiblity that it might happen?

I think we are already starting to see that with Machida a little bit. He has quite effectively integrated his top level karate into his MMA game, and has done so well IMO. So I agree that we will start to see more styles integrated into MMA. If it's effective technique and it fits into your overall game, I don't see why people wouldn't add whatever skills they have in. Its all about making styles that aren't super effective work within the confines of the cage.

Great vid too. Guy got destroyed big time.

Last edited 4/6/09 4:26PM server time by breakdown5
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   4/6/09 4:25:56PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
that video is frickin AWESOME!...love that ko.....reminds me of dustin hoffman in meet the fockers........yeah, every single martial art has elements that have real world practicality elements to them...is just that wrestling, boxing, bjj etc have more practicalitie elemants than most do so you see more success from them.....but man, that does make me wanna learn that kicking move! haha

Post #5   4/6/09 5:50:43PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,054-1,311
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by mrsmiley

Nice knockout!

I think we are already starting to see that with Machida a little bit. He has quite effectively integrated his top level karate into his MMA game, and has done so well IMO. So I agree that we will start to see more styles integrated into MMA. If it's effective technique and it fits into your overall game, I don't see why people wouldn't add whatever skills they have in. Its all about making styles that aren't super effective work within the confines of the cage.

Yeah Machida seems to be proof of that already beginning.
I think it's interesting to wonder how many more fighters might sucsussfully intergrate more traditional styles into an MMA format.
It just overloads my brain!

Post #6   4/6/09 7:01:38PM   

TJ_Husker

Learning to Sprawl

TJ_Husker Avatar

Career:605-347
Chips:
The sound that kick made was sick. That thing landed flush.

Just found the official video with slow-mo replays. Link

Last edited 4/6/09 10:53PM server time by TJ_Husker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   4/6/09 8:28:34PM   

Amigop

MMA Regular

Amigop Avatar

Career:248-181
Chips:
Damn. Thats just crazy. Mad props for that video

Post #8   4/6/09 11:02:17PM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,207-662
Chips:
AWESOME video! Crazy knock out.

Post #9   4/8/09 7:57:52PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by mrsmiley

Nice knockout!

Yeah Machida seems to be proof of that already beginning.
I think it's interesting to wonder how many more fighters might sucsussfully intergrate more traditional styles into an MMA format.
It just overloads my brain!

There's also Anderson Silva and Jon Jones use some Wing Chun techniques

Post #10   4/9/09 7:01:56AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Crazy KO, but Capoeira has no place in MMA, im sorry.

BTW neither does Aikido

Post #11   4/11/09 11:30:12PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,200-1,311
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
who is that...and why does he have the same name as Maximus...

but that was cool to see, although I dont think it would translate as well agaisnt a better opponent

Post #12   4/12/09 9:56:43PM