Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sanchez Talks Koscheck, Takes A Shot At Heath Herring

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
In the world of MMA, it seems helpful to know as much about your opponent as possible. Josh Koscheck will soon enter the ring to do battle with UFC’s premier Young Turk, Diego Sanchez, who happens to have a Hispanic heritage.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/28/07 4:46:14PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
i think if diego does what i think he will do against koscheck then they need to start offering him a shot at the belt or even just the top contenders

Post #2   3/28/07 6:03:03PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I thought Dana mentioned that the winner of this fight is getting a title shot.

Post #3   3/28/07 7:34:31PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
really? that sounds good then

cause sanchez has beat some good fighters, i think he is ready for a shot

maybe im just being naive but i dont see koscheck beating diego

Post #4   3/28/07 8:26:33PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Listen to Dana's comments on the official UFC 69 site. I am pretty sure he mentions the title shot. Though, he doesn't say when that will be.

Post #5   3/29/07 12:45:39AM   

creativedestruction

MMA Regular

creativedestruction Avatar

Career:1,846-927
Chips:
Diego should be getting paid more than Herring.

Post #6   3/29/07 11:44:41AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:

Posted by creativedestruction

Diego should be getting paid more than Herring.

He should be based on his performances but thats big business for you!

The truth is UFC made Diego a star off the back of a reality tv show, with the promise of a six-figure contract at the end of it. This guaranteed him stability and a bright future in the sport, NOT Riches beyond his wildest dreams.

While Heath came to the UFC having paid his dues, fought some of the top heavyweights in the world and made a big name for himself in Japan.

Of course hes gonnna have more bargaining power than Diego. But time will paint a different picture. And with the money in MMA right now, it wont be long before Diego joins the UFC millionaires club!

Post #7   3/29/07 12:24:05PM   

liverkick

Learning to Sprawl

liverkick Avatar

Career:90-72
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:
Koscheck will get Sanchez down. Diego even admitted in an interview that he thought his wrestling was good until he fought Koscheck. But Diego does have a great ground game and good stand up. I think he will out-class Koscheck and take the win.

Post #8   3/29/07 12:36:48PM   

Fumar-Fortiuse

Learning to Sprawl

Fumar-Fortiuse Avatar

Career:18-15
Chips:
If everything goes right in this fight for Diego, then he should start facing some top contenders. Here pretty soon I think we are going to get the best of Diego Sanchez. His next few fights are going to test him and we are going to get to see what he is really made of and if he is destined to be one of the greatest welter weights. As for the Title shot I thought Hughes was next in line for GSP if he wins next saturday.

Post #9   3/30/07 1:36:58PM   

hollywood1978

Learning to Sprawl

hollywood1978 Avatar

Career:297-199
Camp: Team Big Where It Counts
Chips:
Sanchez is working on paying his dues but I don't think he has seen anywhere close to the competition that Herring has. Until he has, he should let the man make his money. Athletes who complain how much others are making sound childish to me. Herring earned his, go earn yours before you complain.

Post #10   3/31/07 2:39:15AM