Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kimbo Slice Interview with touchgloves.com

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
A relative unknown in the professional boxing world, Kimbo Slice is anything but unknown to mixed martial arts (MMA) fans.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/28/07 4:42:11PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
actually sounded fairly classy there, still i dont like his chances against a former olympic and HW champ even if its not boxing rules

Post #2   3/28/07 4:49:17PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
both are two ugly ass sluggers

im under the influence it will be an early ko with the way both of those guys can slug

Post #3   3/28/07 5:54:56PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by zephead

A relative unknown in the professional boxing world, Kimbo Slice is anything but unknown to mixed martial arts (MMA) fans.

LINK

Of course he sounds classy. He probably realizes he is not fighting some wannabe on the street and doesn't want to look like a cocky fool if (when() he loses. He has to feel humbled in some way.

Last edited 3/28/07 8:21PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   3/28/07 8:21:18PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Better spoken than I thought he'd be. IF he is serious (which I kinda doubt) he will learn to pyramid his training towards planned fights and give up the backyard stuff. More than likely he'll get KTFO'd and go back to the backyards saying it took a world champ olympian to ko me.

Post #5   3/29/07 12:23:40AM   

hollywood1978

Learning to Sprawl

hollywood1978 Avatar

Career:297-199
Camp: Team Big Where It Counts
Chips:
Kimbo is a monster against your average tough guy in the street but MMA is different. Hell, Sean Gannon could have choked him to death any time he wanted and could have pummeled him to death after Kimbo gassed. I don't think Mercer/Kimbo will be legitimate mma. I'm sure Ray won't be pulling out any jiu jitsu when they fight but I hate to think what Mercer could do in a pair of 4 oz. gloves. It should be fun to watch tho!

Post #6   3/31/07 3:09:31AM   

KeNn

Standup Guy

KeNn Avatar

Career:93-76
Chips:
p.s if anyone of you saw the fight.

EASY win for Kimbo.
a little too easy.

Post #7   11/15/07 11:15:56PM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I love how he says he and Mercer are going to bang, but he quickly choked him out. I'll admit it was very smart of him, if he tried to bang with Mercer he would of quickly gotten KTFO no doubt about it.

Kimbo gave up the backyard antics quite a while ago and has been training hard at MMA, will he live up to hype? We shall see, choking out someone with no MMA experience and fighting a guy who usually looses in the first 30 seconds and is obviously terrified of you (I swear once that spinning backfist missed all Kimbo would of had to do was growl and Bo would of been tapping like Fred Astaire).

I look forward to seeing him fight a talented MMA fighter, with Bas training him and according to Bas, him an eager sponge of a student who knows what could happen. My only concern would be his age, he's no spring chicken and he has a LOT to learn.

Edit.. Hmm sorry for the Necro post! Oddly enough this was at the top of the news section for me with the post from KeNn coming up as new... strange.

Last edited 11/15/07 11:46PM server time by Bemin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   11/15/07 11:40:44PM