Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ryan Bader -vs- Junie Browning

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Not really.

I'm actually referring to the commercial that was being shown all day on Saturday during the Ultimate Fighter Season 3 marathon. It was an advertisement for Ultimate Fight Night (tonight) and it said something along the lines of -

"...and don't miss the Ulimate Fighter Season 8 champion Ryan Bader as he faces Junie Browning..."

Did anyone else happen to catch this? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. For a company the size of the UFC to not catch an error of such magnitude is beyond me.

But, then again...I guess it happens.

Post #1   4/1/09 10:49:30AM   

FGCU

Learning to Sprawl

Career:64-42
Camp: Legion of Doom
Chips:
I was actually watching spike with my friend and after that commercial he yelled "What? Junie is fighting Bader!" and I told him he must have heard wrong but I guess he did here that. You're right that is a huge mess up for something as professional as UFC. Nice catch

Post #2   4/1/09 11:22:28AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,796-965
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I saw this, and I know exactly what you're talking about.

Didn't really have me puzzled, kinda just made me laugh for a bit...

Then I completley just forgot about it

man that show made ed herman look so good too hahah

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #3   4/1/09 12:25:18PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Well they do have some unfinished business from the TUF show, clothes in the pool and then bodies in the pool. Bader by tko(drowning)

UFC has made some little errors like that before, but I didnt hear this one. Granted I wasnt watching the marathon.

Post #4   4/1/09 1:56:49PM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:860-612
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
While attending UFN 18 Bruce Buffer announced " And the Referee is Herb Dean" while Mario Yamasaki was standing in the middle of the ring. None of my friends noticed but Mario cracked up laughing. I can imagine what he was thinking ( Do I have dread locks???).

Post #5   4/2/09 2:26:10AM   

Joemoplata

MMA Regular

Joemoplata Avatar

Career:42-25
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

While attending UFN 18 Bruce Buffer announced " And the Referee is Herb Dean" while Mario Yamasaki was standing in the middle of the ring. None of my friends noticed but Mario cracked up laughing. I can imagine what he was thinking ( Do I have dread locks???).

LOL, I missed this. I will have to go back and make fun of Mario about this, thank for supplying any kind of information useful for me to tease Mario with!

Post #6   6/18/09 11:08:09AM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
another mistake the UFC has made, or maybe you could blame THQ not sure, but it was on the ultimate fighter the wednesday BEFORE the UFC game came out they were running promos for it and it said "OUT NOW", i jumped off my couch ran to my comp to check gamestop

Post #7   6/18/09 11:27:56AM