Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sengoku 8: FWGP Matchups Announced

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
World Victory Road today announced all 4 matchups for it's Featherweight GP Quarterfinals to be held at Sengoku 8 on 5/2. The promotion also announced or confirmed 3 non-GP fights for the card.

Article

Post #1   3/31/09 6:39:33AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
sweet...do you know why sengoku isn't running a welterweight GP as well...I figured up to this point they had been mirroring everythin Dream did?

Post #2   3/31/09 4:39:20PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,724-936
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by sclasclemski

sweet...do you know why sengoku isn't running a welterweight GP as well...I figured up to this point they had been mirroring everythin Dream did?

The talent pool may be a little thin.

I'm glad to see they didn't throw Hatsu Hioki a softball. Props to World Victory Road for not giving their stars an easy time of it.

EDIT: It's a poor assumption to say that Sengoku mirrors DREAM. They spend less money on fighters and grow their own stars; they don't give in to the demands of high-profile fighters like DREAM is doing with Yamamoto. Mirroring DREAM in every way would bankrupt Sengoku like it's going to do to DREAM.

Last edited 3/31/09 5:56PM server time by lohmann
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/31/09 5:49:01PM